NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I feel like those are already waived for athletes, relative to general undergrads.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The MSM trying to start some shit by calling out coaches who haven't taken a C-19 pay cut.

What is the purpose of this article other than to stir shit?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The MSM trying to start some shit by calling out coaches who haven't taken a C-19 pay cut.

What is the purpose of this article other than to stir shit?
I dunno, but I can't believe Roy gets so little relative to some of those other names. Maybe it's so his assistants can get more $?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

The ACC Board of Directors voted Wednesday to proceed with an 11-game football season that begins the weekend of Sept. 12 and with Notre Dame playing a full league schedule, but only if public health guidance allows.

All ACC schools and Notre Dame will play 10 conference games plus one nonconference game of their choosing, and the Fighting Irish will be eligible for the ACC championship game. There will be no divisions for this season only.

The nonconference game must take place in the home state of the ACC institution, and all nonconference opponents must have met the medical protocol requirements as agreed upon by the ACC.

The 11 games will be played over at least 13 weeks, with two built in bye weeks. The ACC championship game will be played in Charlotte on either Dec. 12 or Dec. 19 and will feature the top two teams with the highest conference winning percentage.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

SEC joins the B1G and Pac-12 in going conference only.

In case you forgot that Clay Travis is a fucking moron:
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Never heard of him.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

He used to be on the national stage for college football, but he's said and done too many stupid things so everyone shitcanned him. He's now on a "right wing sports outlet".

He's a MASSIVE SEC homer, and let that always cloud his picks. Someone, I believe a media outlet, once made wagers all year by picking the opposite of whomever he picked, and they finished with a profit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC has definitely lost its Auburn game. It will have Notre Dame instead.

North Carolina
Home: NC State, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest
Away: Boston College, Duke, Florida State, Miami (FL), Virginia

1 hard game (UND), 4 challenging games (FSU, Miami, VA, Va Tech), and 5 should win games (BC, Duke, NCSU, Syracuse, and WFU).

Should be interesting. If it happens. Based on that schedule, I'd estimate 8-2

!RmindMe 12/1/2020
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I've seen peeps already bitching that Clemson doesn't play UNC, which might have been their only challenging game.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I've seen peeps already bitching that Clemson doesn't play UNC, which might have been their only challenging game.
Well, that was already true. But there would still be a conference championship game, which hopefully would be UNC + Clemson :)

Clemson's schedule got harder, net net. They dropped some stupid easy games (Citadel, and a couple of others), and picked up the hard part of the Coastal that isn't UNC, and UND.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Clemson needs to drop their steroids, paid players, and racist coach! :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Clemson needs to drop their steroids, paid players, and racist coach! :D
Why would they want to be Duke?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

That reads like "If they dropped those things, they would be Duke". Was that your intent? I'm confused because that would be a compliment to Duke and that would be weird coming from you.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That reads like "If they dropped those things, they would be Duke". Was that your intent? I'm confused because that would be a compliment to Duke and that would be weird coming from you.
I mean Duke football.

And that's never a compliment.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Bad news, Leisher, Red Box Bowlcanceled.

Speaking of bowls, has consideration for bowls changed with the whole conference only thing?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I've never even heard of that bowl.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Rutgers is apparently battling a "massive" C-19 outbreak among football players and staffers.

A comment on Twitter said, "If the B1G cancels the season because Rutgers can't play, it'd be like Halloween being cancelled due to a shortage of candy corn."
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Hey. I like candy corn. It would be more like it being canceled because of a shortage of those peanut butter things wrapped in orange and black wax paper.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Hey. I like candy corn. It would be more like it being canceled because of a shortage of those peanut butter things wrapped in orange and black wax paper.
AMEN, brother!