NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Glad I've never been exposed to their shit then.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Maybe we'll have football by then!

Gundy did it. His no apology tour,etc this week was bad. Took him days to realize he actually had to say something meaningful
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

It's almost like some people are looking VERY hard to find some way they've been racist, so they can change it and say "we care".
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I wonder how much it even matters for these kids, being so young + healthy, right?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

All it takes is one to die or lose their career and the shit show will begin.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: All it takes is one to die or lose their career and the shit show will begin.
15,000 kids play college football, give or take? Not counting the scrubs who don’t travel. Fatality rate of 0.1% at highest? 15 kids dead. That assumes that they all get it, etc. So probably more like 7.5, which assumes the 0.1% is accurate. I’m guessing more like 1 to 5. BUT, we don’t know how many have underlying conditions. Linemen aren’t all skinny.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: BUT, we don’t know how many have underlying conditions.
Exactly. Remember Hank Gathers? Basketball player in perfect health who dropped dead during a game.

But when I said "shit show", I wasn't implying the kids' health was at stake. I was talking about the political games that would occur if a college athlete died from C-19.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

37 Clemson players have C-19.

Perhaps PED usage makes you more susceptible?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: 37 Clemson players have C-19.

Perhaps PED usage makes you more susceptible?
They'll probably be over it by September :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

KSU players boycotting activities due to a student's tweet
Kansas State football players say they will boycott all team activities until administrators create a policy that would allow a student to be expelled for “openly racist, threatening or disrespectful actions.”

The move that most players announced Saturday on social media follows a tweet by a student about the death of George Floyd that prompted outrage on campus.
On Thursday, one month after Floyd, a Black man, died after a white Minneapolis police officer pressed his knee on his neck for nearly eight minutes, student Jaden McNeil tweeted, “Congratulations to George Floyd on being drug free for an entire month!”
McNeil describes himself as the founder of a conservative group called America First Students, which Kansas State says is not currently registered on the campus because of a lack of membership. America First Students had already drawn the ire of students for past statements made by McNeil.

McNeil has previously said America First Students is a “mainstream, Christian, conservative organization that supports President Donald Trump.”
bold and italics mine.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Ridiculous.

"We want the ability to expel anyone who says something we don't agree with."
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC beats OSU in recruiting battle for #7 prospect in the country: https://247sports.com/college/north-car ... 54155/Amp/

We must be paying people.

Our best recruiting class in the “modern” recruiting era (since 2002)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: We must be paying people.
Probably, but not necessarily.

This is NOT a shot, but sometimes kids go to smaller ponds to be big fish.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Checking all the Buckeye tweets and they're completely silent on Grimes. I don't think he was in the plans.

They typically blow up whenever a target makes a decision.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

He’s been leaning UNC the whole time, he was recruited by Dre Bly, who, iirc, was from that same area.