The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: CT + IL staying home.

People here are pretty much staying home. Definitely way, way, way less traffic when I go out to the store.

Does gasoline in your car go bad eventually?
Couple years, IIRC. It gels. Quicker for the low-octane stuff.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Also, very few people are flying, Delta has cut flights by 70%, similar to other airlines.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
TheCatt wrote: CT + IL staying home.

People here are pretty much staying home. Definitely way, way, way less traffic when I go out to the store.

Does gasoline in your car go bad eventually?
Couple years, IIRC. It gels.
Off, this says 3-6 months: https://www.bobvila.com/articles/how-lo ... line-last/
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I know when I accidentally used 85 octane gas in my snowblower, the next winter it was all gummed up. When I use 91, it lasts 12 months and starts first pull. YMMV.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I know when I accidentally used 85 octane gas in my snowblower, the next winter it was all gummed up. When I use 91, it lasts 12 months and starts first pull. YMMV.
We drive my car so little I think it's probably been on the same tank of gas for 2-3 months, should probably drive it around a little .
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

When asked if the drug was promising Friday, Fauci, standing next to Trump, said “the answer is no” because “the evidence you’re talking about … is anecdotal evidence.”

“The information that you’re referring to specifically is antecdotal,” he added. “It was not done in a controlled clinical trial. So you really can’t make any definitive statement about it.”

Trump then stepped forward to add: “We’ll see. We’re going to know soon.”

The president then repeated his assessment that the drug was potentially a “game changer” and said: "We have millions of units ordered.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I'm telling you, he's mentally deranged.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

The First Trump term.

Post by Cakedaddy »

GORDON wrote: I know. I listed those things on what the mood is on other forums, doom and gloom, and misinformation. How it isn't helpful. How it probably hurts.
So counter the lies (all bad stuff) with more lies (made up good stuff)?

People aren't isolating because too many people (Trump) are saying it's no big deal. It will blow over. It's just the flu. Hell, even you say you won't consider it bad until people are dying in the streets. Based on what's happening around the world, it's going to get bad and a LOT of people are going to die. THAT is the truth, and people should act like it is.

There's two outcomes:
1. Nothing really happens and all the naysayers will point out "See, it was no big deal". All the quarenteeners will say "Ya, because we did the right thing. You're welcome."
2. We are all going to die and the quarenteeners will say "See fuck head? You should have stayed home. Thanks for kill us all." and the naysayers will say "Oops. My bad. Oh well. At least I got my milk!"

I keep thinking about the people stranded in New Orleans after Katrina. "We figured the government was over exaggerating things. We survived tons of hurricanes before". I'd rather not be the guy on my roof hoping Sean Penn saves me. Except all the people staying behind are endangering those of us that left because they just keep adding more water and spreading it everywhere.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: People aren't isolating because too many people (Trump) are saying it's no big deal. It will blow over. It's just the flu. Hell, even you say you won't consider it bad until people are dying in the streets. Based on what's happening around the world, it's going to get bad and a LOT of people are going to die. THAT is the truth, and people should act like it is.
This.

People have to act now to keep it from getting worse, but they keep waiting until it's a shitshow to act. See NYC.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

The old and infirm have always been the ones to die off, since the beginning of the first single-cell life on this planet. The percentage of healthy people dying is really low. Tanking the global economy may not have been the best route. People always say the poor don't eat healthy, well when tens of millions are newly unemployed and poor, they're going to be unhealthy and die-off sooner.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I know that's a little on the callous side, but everybody's gonna die, no matter what. I don't want to go back to a shitty economy, I want my favorite local chinese buffet to not go out of business, I don't want to increase the homeless population by 10x because there's nobody to hire them any more, and I don't want to be a prisoner in my home because someone will assault me for "TRYING TO INFECT AND KILL MY MEEMAW" by going to the park.

Doing nothing, this would have burned through and done its damage, and maybe we sanction China for their filthy fucking practices that release plagues every single year. But now what we're doing isn't going to stop anything, merely spread it out, and we're taking everything back at least 10 years at the same time.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Plus I need to not wallow in the doomsayers so much, because it affects my outlook and makes me want to push back.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

The truth is the current course with everyone in the nation doing something different is stupid and doesn't stop shit. It's also destroying the economy.

Shut down the entire nation for 3-4 weeks NOW. Then turn everything back on. It'll stop the spread and help the economy when people can resume their lives.

In related news, have you seen the canals in Venice? Crystal clear and dolphins are swimming in them. This virus is having a positive impact on the environment.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

The First Trump term.

Post by Cakedaddy »

So many articles saying it's not just the old that are dying. 49% are 18-41 says one.

How many deaths are acceptable so the Chinese buffet can stay open?

Much like old people, businesses that are run poorly will die off as well.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

DOJ wants to suspend Constitutional Rights during coronavirus "and other emergencies".

Dear anti-gun folks,

Tell me again how this is 2020 and citizens no longer need to protect themselves from their government.

Go fuck yourself,
Leisher
Cakedaddy

The First Trump term.

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm torn. Law enforcement suspects you of a crime with enough evidence to arrest. Judge can't see you because of emergency. Criminal is released? Shit option either way. Plenty of criminals walking free, or plenty of innocent people being held.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: I'm torn. Law enforcement suspects you of a crime with enough evidence to arrest. Judge can't see you because of emergency. Criminal is released? Shit option either way. Plenty of criminals walking free, or plenty of innocent people being held.
yeah.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump is like our own Baghdad Bob
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

It just occurred to me that Trump has the same management style as Michael Scott.

Can't wait until the Trumpie awards.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It just occurred to me that Trump has the same management style as Michael Scott.

Can't wait until the Trumpie awards.
If someone told me he were a Russian plant, solely based on his virus actions, I'd start thinking that was plausible.