Bad Economic Predictions

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I was saying the overall market dropping lately has not been all on him.
Maybe it he had taken some proactive steps weeks or months ago, we wouldn't be where we are?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I was saying the overall market dropping lately has not been all on him.
Maybe it he had taken some proactive steps weeks or months ago, we wouldn't be where we are?
That's a nice thought, but ultimately wrong. Barring shutting the borders to everyone and everything, this is spreading no matter what we do. And let's be honest, it doesn't matter who is in the white house, the borders are not being shut down.

And don't get me wrong, his response has been wrong at every turn, but no president would have had the balls to do what needed to be done to stop this thing.

This is why the inevitable zombie virus will end the world.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That's a nice thought, but ultimately wrong. Barring shutting the borders to everyone and everything, this is spreading no matter what we do. And let's be honest, it doesn't matter who is in the white house, the borders are not being shut down.
SHUT IT DOWN. Become Singapore.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Stocks up 5% on news of a potential deal.

Stocks linger, go between 3-4%.

Trump announces he'll speak at 3pm.

Stocks go to 0%. (probably cuz they think it'll just be him talking about how shaking hands is still fine)

Word leaks around noon that he will declare a national emergency

Stocks go up 2%.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Markets are down 30%. Bonds are also starting to fall as the markets start to come to grips with how expensive this recovery/stimulus effort will be.

Some people are predicting a 13% drop in current GDP due to quarantines, etc.

Expect some "What price human suffering vs economic collapse" discussions to be more common
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Expect some "What price human suffering vs economic collapse" discussions to be more common
Totally copying me from a week ago.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

All stock gains under Trump are now gone.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when the restrictions lift and spending resumes.

A lot of rich people are going to get richer.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Guess it all depends on how effective 1) the shutdown is and 2) the vaccines/treatments.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

Was reading the last couple Covid outbreaks had vaccine research prematurely stopped, because the infection ran its course naturally before they were done.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Was reading the last couple Covid outbreaks had vaccine research prematurely stopped, because the infection ran its course naturally before they were done.
Yep. Granted, who knows how effective they would be for this version... no scientist here.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

Well.... my money would be "not at all effective." I ASSUME what makes these virus(es) different is, in large part, their protein coats. That's what we get injected with, when we get vaccines... dead virus protein coats. It trains our immune systems to recognize them when we get exposed to the viable ones. So.... my guess is new strain, new vaccine. For the most part.

Now.... slowly look up into the vent, and say, "It's gone airborne."
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Twitters are a buzz that lots of Congress men and women got briefed on the coronavirus today and then dumped lots of stock prior to making public announcements.

If true...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Twitters are a buzz that lots of Congress men and women got briefed on the coronavirus today and then dumped lots of stock prior to making public announcements.

If true...
Fox news identifies 4 Senators. 3 are Republicans, 1 is a Democrat. So it leads with the Democrat, who uses a blind trust. Though it appear her husband may have been the one transacting, unclear.
The report said the transactions involved a significant percentage of the senator’s holdings and took place about a week before the impact of the virus outbreak sent stock prices plunging to the point where gains made during President Trump’s term in office were largely erased.
Burr’s office would not comment on what kind of information Burr might have received about coronavirus prior to his stock sales, the outlet reported.
(GA Republican) Loeffler also sold, but appears to have her assets in a blind trust as well. Burr does not, from what I've been reading.

Unclear about Inhofe

As a %age of wealth, Feinstein's transactions were small (~5%), as she is pretty rich (~$60M) Burr's transactions are in the 50-75% range of his wealth.

I'm adding Loeffler to the Feinstein list of it probably being OK. Even tinier %age of her assets.
U.S. Senator Kelly Loeffler of Georgia defended herself overnight, insisting that both she and her husband had no input in the decision to sell somewhere between $1.2 million and $3.1 million in stock shortly before the stock market crash that was caused by fears over covid-19. Loeffler’s husband is Jeffrey Sprecher, a longtime Republican donor and chairman of the New York Stock Exchange and they have a combined net worth of roughly $500 million.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Death penalty or jail?
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

We need to start shipping peeps to a penal island, again.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Death penalty or jail?
Forced coronavirus exposure, followed by forced ebola and whatever other diseases we can find.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

If Omar + Carlson agree, it must be bad.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: If Omar + Carlson agree, it must be bad.
https://youtu.be/JmzuRXLzqKk
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Private Jet Industry wants a bailout.

Sorry, I ran out of sympathy, already.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »