MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Makes sense. Nobody buys tickets to see the GM or manager.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Makes sense. Nobody buys tickets to see the GM or manager.
I wonder how many players were involved.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

I'm not sure I believe in the validity of sports at this point.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Great article about the Astros' punishments and more.

It covers why the players weren't punished.

No, but seriously, I am highly doubtful about the validity of sports.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

I feel like Cora has to be be banned, period.

As for the players: I wonder if I could commit a murder, but then escape punishment by testifying against myself?
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Both teams here won the World Series. The last time something was even suspected of happening all the players were banned for life. There's zero integrity anymore.

Reminder: These executives and players cheated leading directly to results on the field and most have gone unpunished. However, Pete Rose is still banned for life because he might have gambled on some games he had no ability to affect.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Carlos Beltran, player in the sign stealing, now a manager, gone from the Mets.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Resolution to strip Astros and Red Sox of World Series titles and award them to the Dodgers.

I'm down with the stripping of the titles, taking away rings, and forcing bonuses to be paid back. However, I'm not in favor of giving another team the win.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Robot umps in spring training.

I'm thinking that's not the part of the game that needs fixed...
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'm thinking that's not the part of the game that needs fixed...
Hah! Well, players can do whatever they want, so good luck.

Right now, I'm all for anything that makes video reviews faster or un-needed. Hope you are listening, college + pro football. College basketball too, while we're at it.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Resolution to strip Astros and Red Sox of World Series titles and award them to the Dodgers.

I'm down with the stripping of the titles, taking away rings, and forcing bonuses to be paid back. However, I'm not in favor of giving another team the win.
Dodgers are pissed about sign stealing, but don't want the title handed to them.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Finally, an interesting baseball story.

Pete Rose asks to be reinstated in light of the Astros cheating scandal.

I would vote for his reinstatement and Shoeless Joe Jackson's.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »