NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: This past season was a disappointing one for the Browns. I didn’t actually type that out; This past season was a disappointing one for the Browns is a permanent smart key on my computer.
That made me laugh audibly.
TheCatt wrote: Did you pick the Browns to win the Super Bowl this year? Go run 10 times around the block right now. I’ll wait.
Stranger...
Stranger wrote: Cmon Browns.. Do the right thing and close the deal with Josh McDaniels today. Don't let that guy walk out of the building without a contract.
I really don't know how I feel about McDaniels. He failed in Denver with a taller version of Baker. I would suspect Belichick, who holds grudges, doesn't want anyone good to go to Cleveland. Also, not sure McDaniels wants to put his last shot at being a HC in the hands of Haslam.

But hey, if you want him, I hope that's the guy they hire.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Stranger...
Guilty as charged. But hey, i pick them to win the Super Bowl every year. Just a heads up.. I may or may not have a 2021 Super Bowl prediction here very soon.
Leisher wrote: But hey, if you want him, I hope that's the guy they hire.
It does seem to be the consensus popular pick among us Browns fans. But what the hell do we know?!

Also.. Would you take Tomlin over McDaniels in Pitt?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Would you take Tomlin over McDaniels in Pitt?
Great question.

I honestly don't know. Here's the thing, all of my Tomlin bashing aside, I don't really believe he's completely incompetent. I think for the energy and enthusiasm he has lost in his tenure, he's gained some wisdom. However, it hasn't been enough to overcome his mediocrity. To put that in terms you'll understand, he's the John Cooper of Pittsburgh.

As for McDaniels, I know he sucked in Denver. I know that his play calling sucked against the Titans. He definitely couldn't get no name receivers open for Brady, and couldn't utilize a TE not named Gronk. That being said, is he now ready to take the helm of a franchise and do details as well as Belichick? I don't know. Belichick's coaching tree looks like the trees outside of Sodden Hill.

So as someone looking for a coach who can take my team from pretender to contender, I don't think McDaniels would be an upgrade over Tomlin. That doesn't mean I don't think he'd be a good fit for the Browns.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

So, who had the Titans in a rout?

Nobody.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: So, who had the Titans in a rout?

Nobody.
Srsly
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

That's hilarious because someone tweeted during the game yesterday something along the lines of:
"Minnesota just had 7 three and outs in a row. That cinched it for Cleveland Stefanski will be their new head coach."
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Yep. That’s about par for the course. Now good old Jimmy is trying to bring Andrew Berry back as GM. He’s the same guy that got fired two years ago for putting together an 0-16 team!!

Unbelievable! Haslem is the real problem, he has no clue what he’s doing in the NFL.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I have to admit something.

While I truly, to the core of my soul, want them to turn things around for you and my brother-in-law because watching you guys suffer genuinely sucks.

That being said, I'm always rooting for this circus to continue because I find it fascinating that a fucking billionaire seems to have all the competence of a 2 year old trying to make a 3 layer cake.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That being said, I'm always rooting for this circus to continue because I find it fascinating that a fucking billionaire seems to have all the competence of a 2 year old trying to make a 3 layer cake.
I can't tell if you are talking to me or Stranger :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

It’s like an AFC South miracle
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: It’s like an AFC South miracle
Maybe I'm a big fucking jinx
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: That being said, I'm always rooting for this circus to continue because I find it fascinating that a fucking billionaire seems to have all the competence of a 2 year old trying to make a 3 layer cake.
I can't tell if you are talking to me or Stranger :)
Ha! Your issues just started. Stranger's have been going on since the late 90s.

New MNF crew?

Booger is simply terrible. He repeats the same stuff over and over and adds nothing to the commentary.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Found the tweet and another good one.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Who picked the Chiefs in a blow out?

Everybody.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Stranger's have been going on since the late 90s.
Someone hasn’t been following the Redskins
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Who picked the Chiefs in a blow out?

Everybody.
At this point, I ho-e Andy gets his ring.

I bet I could do color.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Stranger's have been going on since the late 90s.
Someone hasn’t been following the Redskins
You have Super Bowl appearances and wins.
TheCatt wrote: At this point, I ho-e Andy gets his ring.
I'm fine with anyone from the AFC winning it all. I think I'm fine with anyone from the NFC too.

That moment at halftime with Jimmy Johnson was beautiful.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

This tweet about what the Browns expect of their head coach is sheer insanity.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: You have Super Bowl appearances and wins.
Not since 1993 or so. 1992?

And especially not since Snyder bought the team.