Steam - The Future is Now

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: If anyone needs to do the voice call thing I will help you.

I got mine already when one of my twins called me today from her account asking for Planet Zoo.
What type of computer do you have for them? Our kids only have ChromeBooks/iPads.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: If anyone needs to do the voice call thing I will help you.

I got mine already when one of my twins called me today from her account asking for Planet Zoo.
What type of computer do you have for them? Our kids only have ChromeBooks/iPads.
My old Surface Book 2. I'm working on getting my middle kid a desktop for my office. She wants to sit in here and play games with me.

I'm getting a new Falcon Northwest Q1 2021, and she can have my current one, but I'll need something temporarily for her.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

It looks like Leisher loves his kids more.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: It looks like Leisher loves his kids more.
I don't know about that. Aren't his kids in Toledo?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

No, Detroit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: No, Detroit.
So I still win.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I feel like an Ipad in the south is < a PC in Detroit.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote: No, Detroit.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

There were two DTMan groups...not sure why, but I was the only member of both. I invited Troy and Stranger to the official one. Official because it has the logo, so it must be the official one...

I also invited Cake, but his client is so out of date it won't show him the invite until he updates. Typical Detroiter.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm buying one high priced game before the sale is over (just bought 20 lower priced games, including Generation Zero...see the thread).

Not sure what to pick though:
No Man's Sky
The Surge 2
Disco Elysium
Red Dead Redemption II
SW Jedi: FO is also a contender based on ratings.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

RDR II has gotten terrible reports on the PC. Jedi has gotten good reviews, I don't know the rest.

I kept trying to invite you (Leisher) to my Rust Lobby, but it never gave me the 100 points. Bah.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm mainly leaning towards the first three. I had also heard the RDR2 reports, but forgot about them. Thank you.

Disco Elysium's reviews are off the charts.
TheCatt wrote: I kept trying to invite you (Leisher) to my Rust Lobby, but it never gave me the 100 points. Bah.
That one doesn't work with Rust. I switched to L4D2 to get it. Rust doesn't have lobbies, L4D does.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Ahhh
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I put steamlink on my phone as a test, and it was ridiculous, but kinda worked.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Played Steamlink on my TV today for about an hour. Worked really well. Streaming via wired ethernet, running on a laptop (replacing with a better laptop within the month).

Used an Xbox 360 controller with Windows USB adapter plugged into the TV that I had lying around.

Then my dog started freaking out cuz he ate some chocolate earlier today. Stupid dog. Looks like he'll live.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I did the same thing on NYE to play some family games for people that were over. I've had mine for a couple of years and will on occasion break it out for party type games.

Steamlink via ethernet and using a 360 controller thru USB works great. That being said, its really only good for slow games any action or shooter game will not work very well, the input lag is pretty noticeable.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I went with Disco Elysium and also picked up They Are Billions on a whim.

The other 20 games I bought were all 1-4 dollars.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I introduced my kids to SteamLink on the TV... then I went to my laptop to get some stuff done. Ooops.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This is stupid and a waste of money, but I'm crafting badges for every game I complete.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: This is stupid and a waste of money, but I'm crafting badges for every game I complete.
I always wait til I can make badges at a sale. Even though it is a ridiculous waste of time just like you say. I make one badge, then sell the rest for my pocked of gold.