Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Anyone have any experience with this version? I never played the originals and feel like I missed something. They are on sale at GOG for 85% off but aren't getting very good reviews. Is it because it's old and people's expectations are too high or did they ruin it? That being said, is it even worth playing now at all in any version?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Read some of the reviews. Alot of them are because they are angry that the original versions got bundled with the enhanced, removing the option to buy the originals. Especially because the originals cost half as much as the enhanced versions. People who only played the enhanced said it was good. Others that played the original hated it. Not sure if it's because it really got worse or if it just ruined their childhood. However, once I discovered the original was bundled with the enhanced, and it's only $3 (instead of the $9 they wanted to pay just for the original), I went for it. Now I can fill that hole I feel my gaming life has with either version I want.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Has nothing to do with BG, but Total Annihilation was in my GOG library and I fired that up. Sent a pack of units to the enemy base. My units shot at other units and hostiles (laser towers, etc), but not buildings. I had to manually target the buildings.

Without googling. . . . What did I forget to do?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote: Has nothing to do with BG, but Total Annihilation was in my GOG library and I fired that up. Sent a pack of units to the enemy base. My units shot at other units and hostiles (laser towers, etc), but not buildings. I had to manually target the buildings.

Without googling. . . . What did I forget to do?
That issue sounds vaguely familiar. A setting?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

+shootall
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yup, sounds familiar.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I owned the original and thought it was awesome! playing the thief was by far the most fun but also could get you into the most trouble.

Because of this game i bought the Divinity: Original Sin games, which are basically a throwback to Baldurs Gate.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Couldn't find a good thread to post this in, so glombing on to this one.

The greatest RTS game EVER created, ever, is free on GOG right now.

https://www.gog.com/game/total_anihilat ... 7f081296ad

I still play this game. . . .
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Had me excited for Baldur's Gate for a second.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”