75%
Traitor
25%

Total votes: 8

GORDON
Site Admin

The government spying thread

Post by GORDON »

It causes me stress. I try to be zen, but it's just too much, too often.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: It causes me stress. I try to be zen, but it's just too much, too often.
I really have to try hard to recapture my Zen. People are terrible.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Toledo still has uniformed peeps hiding behind trees and stuff with speed cameras. This bypasses the "officer must be present at the infraction" rule that is getting automated cameras thrown out.
They had been doing this, but this ended a month or so ago due to the court challenges.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I last saw it... 5 days ago? They often hide in a school zone I pass through ever day. I like school zone enforcement... a lot.

The fucked one is the one I've seen more than once... a cop literally hides behind an I-75 underpass and clocks people after they pass him. Completely invisible.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I last saw it... 5 days ago?
Interesting. I had been told it was completely stopped.
GORDON wrote: The fucked one is the one I've seen more than once... a cop literally hides behind an I-75 underpass and clocks people after they pass him. Completely invisible.
I haven't seen him in a month or more, but he was as consistent as the sunrise.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I actually like the cop in the school zone. When you can't see him leaning against the tree, garbage speed like hell through there.

I take note of these people.

Want to guess the race of 95% of the ones I've seen?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Want to guess the race of 95% of the ones I've seen?
I'm going with white, because any other assumption would make me racist.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That's the safe guess.

My data collection is non-publishable.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

No, actual data has also been called racist...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That was supposed to say non-publishable. Autocorrect got me.

But I am damned curious why so many black people ignore school zone speed limits. Blinking lights and everything.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: That was supposed to say non-publishable. Autocorrect got me.

But I am damned curious why so many black people ignore school zone speed limits. Blinking lights and everything.
Here it's a lot of Indian people hwo do, but I live somewhere that's mostly Indian.
Vince

Post by Vince »

I've been out for a bit and will only be able to pop on for quick reads. My dad was hospitalized for pneumonia and congestive heart failure for a couple of weeks, and now I'm staying with him up the road and checking in when someone sits with him for a bit.

The IG report was devastating to the original Russia investigation. Carter Page is going to own a French Villa at tax payer expense. And he should.

Comey kept jumping on TV saying the report vindicated him. Horowitz said no one that touched this process is vindicated. The IG had at least one referral. Maybe two. I suspect that the evidence for some of the players' political bias will come from these guys that aren't going down alone for this.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Sorry to hear about your father.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Sorry to hear about your dad, Vince. Is it still at a point of being treatable?
Vince

Post by Vince »

So far it seems treatable. TO be honest, with the pneumonia and heart failure happening at the same time, they're not positive how much of the fluid their seeing is from which. He's recovering pretty well. Since I'm so close we're hoping around the end of the year he'll be able to be on his own with my coming up 2 or 3 times a day.

My sisters and I look back over how poorly he treated his body over the years and it's quite shocking he made it to 80 to be honest. He's been diabetic and eating anything and everything. He was up around 280 lbs prior to going into the hospital. He's at about 250 now, but wants to get to 220. He's surprisingly willing to do what he needs to do.

I think he was okay with the notion of dropping dead at any point. He really doesn't want a slow decline where me and my wife end up having to move in with him. (If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself)

Thanks for the sympathies, guys.
Vince

Post by Vince »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: I last saw it... 5 days ago?
Interesting. I had been told it was completely stopped.
GORDON wrote: The fucked one is the one I've seen more than once... a cop literally hides behind an I-75 underpass and clocks people after they pass him. Completely invisible.
I haven't seen him in a month or more, but he was as consistent as the sunrise.
I keep meaning to post this, but only think about it when actually driving.

I've seen the cop hiding behind the tree with the camera/speed gun thrice since this post, and I saw the traffic camera on the the intersection of Glendale and Detroit snapping away, last week.

I got dinged by that exact camera about 4 years ago. Didn't run the red, but it clocked me doing 44 in the 35 when I was beating the red. I did some research when the "ticket" arrived in the mail. It's an arizona company running those cameras. They keep half the revenue of all tickets paid, and that's the only way they make money. If everyone stopped paying those tickets, that company would make $0. I almost wanted to put up billboards informing people of this, put them right out of business. You either pay whatever they want in the letter, or tell them exactly who was driving your car... name and address. ANd get it certified before you mail it back.

Anyway, I learned the worse that could happen was that the unpaid ticket would end up in collections... no points on your license, no bench warrant. I figured if it showed up on a credit report, I'd contest it with whatever agencies, and cost them administration money and time wasted. It never showed up. Never got a collections call.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Despite US protest, UK moving forward with Huawei gear in its 5G network.

I'm pretty sure non-technical people came up with this:
UK mobile operators will be able to use Huawei equipment in their 5G networks but the company will be excluded from "security critical" core areas, according to a statement from the government.
Shouldn't this alone be enough to eliminate them as an option?
Under Chinese law, Chinese companies can be ordered to act under the direction of Beijing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

You would think that would eliminate them.

We told a telecom-ish product to the UK, and they had all sorts of restrictions, and one of them was that no employee from our company could enter the room where production stuff ran, or use a terminal that connected to it. You had to tell someone, one room over, what to do, without being able to see what they were doing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: We told a telecom-ish product to the UK, and they had all sorts of restrictions, and one of them was that no employee from our company could enter the room where production stuff ran, or use a terminal that connected to it. You had to tell someone, one room over, what to do, without being able to see what they were doing.
The problem with that is they're in the building, which means they're already past most of your firewalls and whatnot. Point being, it's a million times easier to hack from within a building than from outside of it.