The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Haley has a book coming out.
In "With All Due Respect," Haley said then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and then-White House chief of staff John Kelly told her that they were trying to "save the country." Haley writes that she was "shocked" by the request, made during a closed-door meeting, and thought they were only trying to put their own imprint on his policies.

"Kelly and Tillerson confided in me that when they resisted the president, they weren't being insubordinate, they were trying to save the country," Haley wrote. "It was their decisions, not the president's, that were in the best interests of America, they said. The president didn't know what he was doing. ... Tillerson went on to tell me the reason he resisted the president's decisions was because, if he didn't, people would die."
He's a disaster, were you really shocked? Really?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Well... I don't know the people making those statements. They could be idiots.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: He's a disaster, were you really shocked? Really?
No. Although, I'd argue Obama had fewer qualifications to be president. However, he had the personality for it.

And, if we're being really honest, despite Trump being a dumbfuck, aren't these guys committing treason? They're trying to subvert how the U.S. government works.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it treason, but they all seem to be missing the fact that the President sets foreign policy. If you're not there to advance his policy, then you're not doing anyone any favors. This is the problem I'm having with a lot of the testimony from people in the state department concerning the Ukraine stuff. They were complaining that Trump was working against state department objectives. I'm like... um... if you're working against Trump's policies, YOU'RE the one that's working against state department objectives.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Watching some of these hearings, it's weird to hear about how super duper important it was to arm the Ukraine from career state department hacks that were working there under Obama when we weren't giving them jack shit yet they weren't testifying against that administration before congress.

Almost as if this is a poorly scripted clown show.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

At least something worth while is coming from these hearings...

Congressman Drops Epic ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ Meme During Impeachment Hearing
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Pretty funny.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

That is clever.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Our favorite bi-open relationship former congressperson weighs in...
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Oh snap.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

“Conspiracy theory”

Doesn’t it have to be hard to believe or something the majority of people don’t already think to be a conspiracy theory?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trade war almost over?

The biggest takeaway for me:
Agreements on agriculture, financial services, and currency were nearly completed, and there had been “excellent progress” on intellectual property theft issues, Mr. Kudlow said, although some additional work remained on that topic.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: and there had been “excellent progress” on intellectual property theft issues
I don't believe you
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

If only they cared, it would change everything.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: and there had been “excellent progress” on intellectual property theft issues
I don't believe you
Right? China's "It's in the mail and I won't cum in your mouth" is "We won't steal your stuff and we totally stopped making CFCs."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

President Trump gearing up for sequel to the movie Dave
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

They couldn't come up with a better lie than "phase 1 of a routine exam"?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: They couldn't come up with a better lie than "phase 1 of a routine exam"?
Right? Wtf? "Totally routine, unplanned/unannounced, part 1 of a 4 month-long physical like everyone totally has"
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

"The President will begin his yearly procedures to remove his head from his own ass. This time of year he really gets it REALLY stuck up there. It makes the Holidays a very challenging time in the Trump household."