Oscars

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

Disqualify foreign movie from Best International Feature Film category cuz they used too much English, which is their official language.
Lionheart, in which Nnaji also stars, is partially in the Igbo language of Nigeria. But it is mostly in English, which violates an Academy rule that entries in the category must have “a predominantly non-English dialogue track.”

The film had not been vetted by the Academy’s International Feature Film Award Executive Committee in advance of the Oct. 7 announcement of qualifying films but was recently viewed and determined not to qualify in a category that until this year was known as Best Foreign Language Film.
The category used to be Best Foreign Language Film, but apparently they haven't updated the rules to reflect the new category name.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

Fuck you, Nigeria!

~Oscars committee
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

Just moronic.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Oscars

Post by thibodeaux »

Build your own Oscars.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Build your own Oscars.
I will! With hookers and blackjack!
Vince

Oscars

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: The category used to be Best Foreign Language Film, but apparently they haven't updated the rules to reflect the new category name.
It's on the "To Do" list after "find a host".
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: It's on the "To Do" list after "find a host".
And figure out how to give a standing ovation to a convicted pedophile...again...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

Rule changes for more inclusion.

Isn't this like telling a painter what paint he/she is allowed to use?

I'm all for inclusion, but if I'm watching a movie about Vikings I don't need 30% of them to be black, Asian, or anything else so it's "fair". I want accuracy.
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

Well at least they put direct quotas on their racism.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

Films must meet at least two of four benchmarks. They include featuring actors from underrepresented groups in significant roles or accounting for at least 30% of the cast; similar criteria in terms of those working on the film behind the scenes; a significant commitment to paid apprenticeships, internships and career development; and significant representation among the teams devoted to marketing, publicity and distribution.
OK, but I submit that NO MORE than 35% of their cast can be underrepresented groups.
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Films must meet at least two of four benchmarks. They include featuring actors from underrepresented groups in significant roles or accounting for at least 30% of the cast; similar criteria in terms of those working on the film behind the scenes; a significant commitment to paid apprenticeships, internships and career development; and significant representation among the teams devoted to marketing, publicity and distribution.
OK, but I submit that NO MORE than 35% of their cast can be underrepresented groups.
And you will then be accused of being racist and holding minorities down.

It's an unwinnable fight. Don't forget about the factory owner from a few years back who happened to be white and his work force, including managers, was 75% black, but still lost a race discrimination lawsuit in court.
Cakedaddy

Oscars

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: if I'm watching a movie about Vikings I don't need 30% of them to be black, Asian, or anything else so it's "fair". I want accuracy.
Just have them invade Africa and Asia and kill and rape the women and minorities. Inclusion and accuracy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

Rock made a joke at Jada's expense. I did not know she had a medical condition that essentially made her shave her head. No idea if Rock knows or not.

Here's Will Smith right after Rock told the joke:

Here's him after apparently seeing his wife's reaction: And, of course, Twitter is praising it. Yay violence!
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

I think it's possible Will just ended his own career. That was assault, on TV.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

I bet nothing really happens.

He didn't hit him THAT hard. It was just one punch.

He didn't hit a woman.
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

Big buff movie star bitch slapped a skinny comedian over jokes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

Right?

Although, I had always heard they had an open marriage, so her cheating confuses me. Can't cheat if it's allowed or was only he allowed?

Either way, this was not an awesome moment and the fact that so many people are cheering Smith on shows where our society is at...the fucking cellar. This scene will now be repeated in comedy clubs across the country as people offended by a joke now think it's ok to use violence on the comedian.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:18 am I think it's possible Will just ended his own career. That was assault, on TV.
No one cares about black on black violence.
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

It did seem rather thuggy.