Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Just curl up and die? N
Kurdle up and die?

(toon soon?)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:Or maybe it was yet another lie.
The lawyers representing a whistleblower whose complaint has plunged President Donald Trump into impeachment proceedings describe the person as a civil servant who has never worked for or advised any political candidate, campaign or party.
"Our client has spent their entire government career in apolitical, civil servant positions in the Executive Branch," the lawyers stated.
... Or maybe it wasn't.

I smelled something in that ABC report when they were very specific about his (or her) not working with the campaigns of any candidate rather than having a professional relationship the way the original report indicated. It's looking like this whistleblower is CIA and worked with/under Biden when he was VP. I don't think it's automatic that he's a Biden fan because he worked under him as a career intelligence employee, but muddying the waters the way the ABC article does is a pretty good indicator to me that the reporter is.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: ... Or maybe it wasn't.
Someone in government worked with someone else ALSO in government? THE HELL! The original allegation was that he worked with the campaign outside of his job capacity, whereas your article basically says he was doing his job... God forbid anyone do that.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:
Someone in government worked with someone else ALSO in government? THE HELL!
Rube. They are obviously all connected. here's a diagram:

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Someone made a fake video of Trump murdering reporters and critics. The MSM is, of course, triggered.
If this was just an internet thing, I'd be no big deal. A bunch of anonymous assholes on The_Donald, I'd agree they are triggered for no reason.

But played at a Trump rally, in a Trump hotel? Multiple levels of people far above what are supposed to be dregs of the internet approved it. WTF?! This kind of shit isn't normal, and shouldn't be hand waved to normalize it. We should be better.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

What exactly do you expect from people who are still rabidly pro-Trump?

And I don't think they're any worse than the leftist elite who held the "1,000th soldier killed" party in Hollywood when the number of American deaths in Iraq hit 1,000.

Crazies on both sides gonna crazy. They, literally, are not "better".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: What exactly do you expect from people who are still rabidly pro-Trump?

And I don't think they're any worse than the leftist elite who held the "1,000th soldier killed" party in Hollywood when the number of American deaths in Iraq hit 1,000.

Crazies on both sides gonna crazy. They, literally, are not "better".
I want better out of everyone. It's just your whataboutism was from the early 2000s and not as relevant to this thread.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: I want better out of everyone.
Good luck with that. "People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox

Seriously though, I truly think most people are good, but people make errors. To pretend that folks should ALWAYS be at their best is unrealistic. To err is to be human.

I'm sure some of the people behind the video didn't think it through, and feel ashamed. Ditto for people who probably attended the party I referenced. But there are others, on both sides, who just suck.
Troy wrote: It's just your whataboutism was from the early 2000s and not as relevant to this thread.
"Whataboutism" is not a legit argument. Things that happened in the past are not irrelevant, particularly if the action was never condemned by the people who "should be better". To me, that's simply a tactic used by folks who don't want to face the sins of whatever side they're rooting for.

Both sides need to be held to the same standard.

Please understand, that's my shtick and where I'm usually coming from. I'm not defending anyone, but more stirring the pot to point out each sides hypocrisy. If we are to be "better", the examination of our own sins needs to be towards the top of the "to do" list.

When the stars of Will & Grace called for the list of Trump supporters in Hollywood be published so "they know who not to work with", and pretty much everyone in Hollywood condemned them for that, that's people being better. That's looking past political parties and pointing out behavior that is bad no matter who's behind it.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Someone in government worked with someone else ALSO in government? THE HELL! The original allegation was that he worked with the campaign outside of his job capacity, whereas your article basically says he was doing his job... God forbid anyone do that.
No, the original allegation was that he had a professional relationship with one of the candidates. I think a lot of people read "campaign" because the word "candidate" was used.

I never felt it was proof of anything, but I also felt it's worth looking at motivations. Now that Schiff is saying he doesn't want to call the guy to testify, I'm even more suspect that all this is about to fall apart. I think Schiff is afraid that he'll be implicated if the witness testifies under oath.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Someone made a fake video of Trump murdering reporters and critics. The MSM is, of course, triggered.
Immature and stupid of Trump and his people. Amazing how concerned the press is that this will inspire people to kill reporters. How concerned were they that the original film would inspire church shootings?

Now count the number of church shootings since this movie was released compared to the number of political inspired murders of reporters since this meme was made over a year ago.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

What film inspired church shootings?
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: What film inspired church shootings?
Kill Bill Vol 1 + 2.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote:
Kill Bill Vol 1 + 2.
Are you serious?

So did Johnny Dangerously inspire school shootings?
https://youtu.be/ufH4eZ7sF_I
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:
Troy wrote:
Kill Bill Vol 1 + 2.
Are you serious?
Na, just doing a thread drive-by.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote:
Leisher wrote:
Troy wrote:

Kill Bill Vol 1 + 2.
Are you serious?
Na, just doing a thread drive-by.
*phew* I know people are dumb, but that would be really, really dumb.

By the way, if you haven't seen Johnny Dangerously, it's hilarious.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

None. Just like this stupid meme will inspire the same amount of political reporter killings. I just find it entertaining that they choose to hyperventilate over one and not the other. But they always are more interested in the story when they can make it about them.

But it seemed to fly right past them that the actual clip was of the guy from Kingsmen killing a bunch of church goers.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Do they?
72485540_10157773150081457_3631777483109433344_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

That can't be true.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: That can't be true.
I did some research but was not able to confirm. I did find* this though. Big if true.

*in my export folder