Climate Change (fka man-made global warming)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Vince

More proof "environmentalists" are fill of shit

Post by Vince »

"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

Post by Vince »

You need to see the entire thread she wrote. It's a pretty clear indication that there's a problem other than the global temperature.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Watching Northwestern at Nebraska and Nebraska scored a TD. People in the crowd released a shit ton of helium filled balloons with the Nebraska logo.

I know this is a nothing in the grand scheme of things, but is that really something that needs to happen?

More importantly, if we had a chemist here, we could try and develop a biodegradable balloon and make millions.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: People in the crowd released a shit ton of helium filled balloons with the Nebraska logo.
I thought we stopped doing balloons?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Post by Vince »

I've never understood the fascination with releasing helium balloons. It's just not that spectacular. And sadly it gets less spectacular from the start point on. Fireworks start with the flaming ball shooting up with a shriek (cool) and then explodes with a huge bang and a spectacular light display (freaking awesome!). The balloons look best about three seconds after they're released and it just gets progressively more boring from there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: I've never understood the fascination with releasing helium balloons. It's just not that spectacular. And sadly it gets less spectacular from the start point on. Fireworks start with the flaming ball shooting up with a shriek (cool) and then explodes with a huge bang and a spectacular light display (freaking awesome!). The balloons look best about three seconds after they're released and it just gets progressively more boring from there.
Agree.

Cleveland says, "But what about 1.5M of them?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8oJaPeEP-8

I have zero memory of that when it happened.
Vince

Post by Vince »

The coolest looking part of that was 1.5 million balloons under the net.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

https://www.insider.com/mit-research-an ... ss-2019-10

MIT researcher says recycling plastics is a waste of time
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Penn & Teller's Bullshit showed years ago that recycling paper and plastic used more energy than just making more. They proved aluminum was the only thing worth recycling.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

"Several" US mayors are trying to circumvent Trump in climate change talks.

Honestly, it's a tremendous waste of time and money to go at it this way. This is just stroking constituents for votes. Nothing more. Nothing they do will have any teeth or affect on the environment.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Enough will be fooled, mission accomplished.

Another day where politics rules the day and no actual problems get solved.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Article doesn't mention the economics of said process
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Had a bio prof in college talk about how hydrogen cars were the future. I asked where all the hydrogen was going to come from. He said we could build a massive geothermal plant on Yellowstone.

I guess that's why he wasn't a geology prof.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Seems like Reuters kind of blew the lede on this clip.
Banned from London
Troy

Post by Troy »

Climate change protesters in London disrupting a train load of working class people trying to use electric based, public transportation.

Here's the cathartic ass kicking you want to see:

https://twitter.com/HollyJoCollins/stat ... de%3Dfalse
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

It really speaks against their credibility when this is the tactic they use.

If they're too stupid to understand how this will insanely backfire, then why would we ever consider whatever message they're trying to spread with their protest?
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Troy wrote: Climate change protesters in London disrupting a train load of working class people trying to use electric based, public transportation.

Here's the cathartic ass kicking you want to see:

https://twitter.com/HollyJoCollins/stat ... de%3Dfalse
I don't want to say that's FUNNY to see disruptive protesters have the shit kicked out of them by the people they're disrupting.... I don't want to say that.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: It really speaks against their credibility when this is the tactic they use.

If they're too stupid to understand how this will insanely backfire, then why would we ever consider whatever message they're trying to spread with their protest?
I'm confused... are people NOT supposed to use mass public transportation to help the environment?
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote:
Leisher wrote: It really speaks against their credibility when this is the tactic they use.

I'm confused... are people NOT supposed to use mass public transportation to help the environment?
Exactly.