Remember our A&A games?

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

How about a new one set in the alternate universe where peeps have goatees.... allies vs. axis, but if, say, america takes back an english territory captured by the germans... america keeps it. And at that point, the aggrieved nation (england, in this case) would have the option of changing sides...

Ought to make for some interesting new strategies.

Edited By GORDON on 1154489327
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Supreme Commander just can't come out fast enough can it?

Your idea is interesting, but I'm not sure it'd work.

Naval battles would certainly become much more important.

I think that Germany would win the whole game if the Alies turned on each other. Imagine if the British and the Americans spent resources on fighting each other, who would slow down Germany enough to give Russia a chance? Once Germany has all of Europe and Russia, what would stop in their way, especially if their alliance with Japan stays strong.

I've always thought A&A could benefit from Fog of War. I mean, the world wasn't exactly being covered by satellites back then.

Ever play Fortress America? I'd like to see that come to the PC.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Ever play Fortress America? I'd like to see that come to the PC.
That was interesting shit.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Fortress America was for 4 players, but I always thought the rebels that popped up could be controlled by a fifth player. It'd make things interesting too if, trying to be realistic, he/she didn't talk to the person playing the U.S.

Oh, for those who don't know the idea behind Fortrss America was that the U.S. gets invaded by the Soviets on the East, the Central Americans to the South, and some Asian alliance to the West. The object is to hold on to enough cities by a certain turn if you're the U.S. or take enough cities by a certain turn if you're the bad guys.

It's actually a good concept that makes sense. The invaders have trouble bringing in new troops while the U.S. troops actually get stronger each turn as civies join up and appear randomly on the map.

Great game.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Aye the invaders come in waves. A finite number of waves. & the U.S. has frickin' laser beams they can use to blast a unit off the map every turn.

Edited By Malcolm on 1154547246
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Well, this A&A variant won't work without Catt and Thib on board. They were the map keepers and the dice rollers.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Speaking of our multigaming...

This looks like it could be interesting.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Speaking of our multigaming...

This looks like it could be interesting.
Isn't that just a prettier, multi-player version of missile command?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Think more along the lines of WOPR.