Iran

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

This Iran Thing

Post by Leisher »

Iran tries to hijack a British ship, but fails.

This is probably why:
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani warned earlier Wednesday that the UK "will see the consequences" after Gibraltar officials and UK Royal Marines seized an Iranian oil tanker bound for Syria last week, according to Rouhani's press office.
Rouhani, speaking in a cabinet session, said, "I tell the British that they are the initiator of insecurity and you will understand its consequences later."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

In a statement, the UK's Ministry of Defense said that "contrary to international law, three Iranian vessels attempted to impede the passage of a commercial vessel, British Heritage, through the Strait of Hormuz."
I look forward to the UN's condemnation of this action, and subsequent action against Iran
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
In a statement, the UK's Ministry of Defense said that "contrary to international law, three Iranian vessels attempted to impede the passage of a commercial vessel, British Heritage, through the Strait of Hormuz."
I look forward to the UN's condemnation of this action, and subsequent action against Iran
We need a sarcasm tag.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

Claims they have captured a UK oil tanker.

Why are they poking the bear? What do you think their end goal is here?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Claims they have captured a UK oil tanker.

Why are they poking the bear? What do you think their end goal is here?
I dunno, but I hope the bear pokes the fuck back.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

You know who is enjoying the hell out of this? Israel.
Vince

Iran

Post by Vince »

I heard a theory from someone (I forget who) after they shot down our drone that made sense. Right now Iran is really, really close to having a civil uprising again. Economy is crap and popularity of the government is at an all time low. The thought is that they're trying to provoke a limited military retaliation for some of this crap. Nothing draws the population to supporting the government like an outside threat.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: I heard a theory from someone (I forget who) after they shot down our drone that made sense. Right now Iran is really, really close to having a civil uprising again. Economy is crap and popularity of the government is at an all time low. The thought is that they're trying to provoke a limited military retaliation for some of this crap. Nothing draws the population to supporting the government like an outside threat.
Very plausible. Their economy is in shambles.
Vince

Iran

Post by Vince »

Plus, if they really wanted to get something started, they could lob a missile at Israel. I think they're trying really hard to get a measured response. But just a response. Not the Wrath of God.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

Iran claims to have arrested 17 CIA spies.

"Please pay attention to us!!!"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

Yemen claims responsibility for attack on Saudi Arabia, US blames Iran
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

I wonder if we'll be at war with Iran prior to the next election...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I wonder if we'll be at war with Iran prior to the next election...
Trump has to win somehow...
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

Iran is puffing out their chest prepping for a war they hope isn't coming.

Trump needs to stick with sanctions and avoid invading or strikes. Iran is having a lot of turmoil politically as people there are getting sick of the strict Islamic government. Iran has been acting out trying to bait the world into attacking them so the people unite against a common enemy, and thus, strengthen the government's hold on their people.

Don't bite the bait!

Thankfully, we have a levelheaded president who doesn't make rash decisions and who doesn't get manipulated into childish contests! :D
Vince

Iran

Post by Vince »

I'm okay with targeted strikes. If they can take out some of the infrastructure that was used to stage and deliver the strike on the Saudis, I'm okay with that limited response.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Iran

Post by GORDON »

I didn't know angelina jolie was iranian.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

A report posted by the semi-official Fars news agency warned that women attending Thursday's match could be exposed to foul language, drug use and even violence.
Wut wut? Also, doesn't that seem to be its own problem?