NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This is a thing that happened in the FSU game where they barely beat a DII team.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I still have questions...
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Mildly surprising stat of the day
Rivers.
Ryan.
Wilson.
Winston.
Brissett.
Watson.
Jackson.
Trubisky.

The ACC leads all conferences with eight starting quarterbacks in the NFL
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Well, we knew it wouldn't be the Pac12...

That list is going to change quickly though:
-Rivers will be retired in 5 years (along with Ben, Brady, Brees, and Eli).
-Wilson? Russell? The ACC doesn't get to claim him. He transferred to Wisconsin where he started and found all his success. When he does the player profile things he says "Wisconsin".
-Winston began his last season as a starter by throwing 2 pick 6s.
-Brisset looked decent, but wouldn't be starting if Luck hadn't retired.
-The jury is still out on Jackson and Trubisky. Both or neither could be starting next year.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: When he does the player profile things he says "Wisconsin".
We claim him. One season at Wisconsin, versus 4 years at NCSU.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: When he does the player profile things he says "Wisconsin".
We claim him. One season at Wisconsin, versus 4 years at NCSU.
Wisconsin made him.

Who did NCSU start ahead of him? Serious question.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Who did NCSU start ahead of him? Serious question.
2007 - redshit
2008 - split time with no-names (senior + junior), then started the back half of the season
2009 - starter
2010 - starter

He left because he went to play baseball for the Rockies, and NCSU's coach didn't like it. They started Mike Glennon, a current NFL backup..
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Interesting, I never heard the whole thing. I just knew he was pretty good.

Still a Big Ten product. :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Well, it was fun while it lasted #UNC
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

ACC having a bad weekend... Kansas clobbered BC, Va Tech barely beat Furman, Citadel is beating Ga Tech, WVa is beatin NCSU by 11, and Pitt is losing to PSU.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: ACC having a bad weekend... Kansas clobbered BC, Va Tech barely beat Furman, Citadel is beating Ga Tech, WVa is beatin NCSU by 11, and Pitt is losing to PSU.
Va Tech rallied to beat Furman by 7.

Ga Tech lost in OT, NCSU lost to WVa by 17. Pitt lost to PSU by 7 (respectable)...
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

That ASU-MSU game ended in a crazy way. Amazing how teams can't move the ball the whole game, but can in the last two minutes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That ASU-MSU game ended in a crazy way. Amazing how teams can't move the ball the whole game, but can in the last two minutes.
Srsly. Crazy stat from that game
Arizona State has scored more than seven points in 137 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the FBS.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Clemson is only beat Syracuse 17-6 at the half. Maryland routed Syracuse last week and then lost to Temple today.

Lawrence is 13-25. He's not having a great season so far.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Lawrence is 13-25. He's not having a great season so far.
Yeah, I don't know what's going on, but he has not been looking good. 2 more INTs last night.
GORDON
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by GORDON »

My nephew made his first TD at Wayne State, the other day. She only uploaded the vid to FB for some reason.

https://www.facebook.com/pamela.gordon. ... 739374998/

https://wsuathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9967

He's been doing ok.... turns out Wayne State football is full of detroit thugs, and they weren't getting along well, as my nephew is a good kid. But apparently the coaching staff got involved before he quit the team.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

woot woot! I can't see the video, due to privacy levels i assume. But glad to see he's getting some play time.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: He's been doing ok.... turns out Wayne State football is full of detroit thugs, and they weren't getting along well, as my nephew is a good kid. But apparently the coaching staff got involved before he quit the team.
Good.
GORDON
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by GORDON »

He was actually quitting, and the family news went out, but the coaches didn't let him. So.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."