Climate Change (fka man-made global warming)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

All that suggests is that some plants prefer semi-shade for best growing conditions.

WHich is a huge "duh."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

You're a bit too negative on anything posted here. :D

There's far more to the article than "certain plants like shade". They're growing plants in new areas, using the panels to make that place more hospitable to plants, using less water, getting more fruit, absorbing more CO2, etc.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Well come on... when was agriculture invented, 8,000 years ago? This "new information" is at least that old. The only twist is that someone said "use solar panels for shade."
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

They're addressing one of the biggest complaints about solar panels: space.

People complain that they take up too much space and there's dead space around them. Thus, the point of what they're doing here, and why they're tracking growing plants in unfamiliar areas and how much production they get out of them.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

More good intentions for Gordon to shit on...

The Great Green Wall
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Impossible task, and doesn't fix the problems that they claim are going to render the planet unlivable for humanity.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Vince

More proof "environmentalists" are fill of shit

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: You're a bit too negative on anything posted here. :D

There's far more to the article than "certain plants like shade". They're growing plants in new areas, using the panels to make that place more hospitable to plants, using less water, getting more fruit, absorbing more CO2, etc.
A good notion. I hope they are bringing in actual farmers of the crops in question to help them address practical issues that might arise. The one that jumps out at me right off is the need for crop rotation.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

More proof "environmentalists" are fill of shit

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: More good intentions for Gordon to shit on...

The Great Green Wall
More than anywhere else on Earth, the Sahel is on the frontline of climate change and millions of locals are already facing its devastating impact. Persistent droughts, lack of food, conflicts over dwindling natural resources, and mass migration to Europe are just some of the many consequences.
So most of the issues facing the Sahel arise from them being in the desert. With the exception of mass migration to Europe, which would suggest someone there got a hold of an old Sam Kineson show.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

I saw that exact map yesterday, except the USA was 2 or 3X, not 1X.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

I saw that exact map yesterday, except the USA was 2 or 3X, not 1X.
One of our sources is full of shit. This one came from reddit.

Also, as a commentor there points out Europe is sitting there without much CO2 put out, but they also manufacture all their stuff in the countries putting out lots of CO2, so the map shouldn't be considered an accurate representation of who is doing all the polluting.

CA is considering the toughest plastic pollution laws.
Three bills before the state Legislature would require companies that sell products widely found in grocery stores and fast-food restaurants to shoulder much of the burden for cutting the amount of plastic waste.
Serious question: How is that any different from "We're going to build a wall and Mexico's going to pay for it"?

Do CA lawmakers actually think these corporations are going to pay this out of their profits? Do Californians understand that the companies are just going to pass those costs onto consumers?

That's not saying I disagree with trying to rid the world of plastic pollution, but I do disagree with the "sell".
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I saw that exact map yesterday, except the USA was 2 or 3X, not 1X.
You did not see the exact same map. You saw a similar map measuring something different. Probably this one

It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

One is related to population, the other to GDP. US has a lot of GDP, and does it efficiently in terms of global emissions, relative to other countries.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Ahhh yes. They were different data, just the same style.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Ahhh yes. They were different data, just the same style.
Made by the same person.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Fine, California will ban the sale of plastics in California. But are they still selling them by the cargo container full to the countries who are putting those plastics into the ocean?
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fine, California will ban the sale of plastics in California. But are they still selling them by the cargo container full to the countries who are putting those plastics into the ocean?
I think the point is to eliminate plastic usage in CA based companies completely, AND to block companies outside of CA from importing plastic products into CA. If CA gets this done, other states will follow, which means companies will have to make permanent changes for their entire product line or face the more expensive solution of having two different packaging/manufacturing options.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »