Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

What's the over/under that this sign was not placed by anyone working for Walmart, but someone wanting to have a picture go viral online?

Sorry to be so snippy on this stuff. I'm usually fairly tolerant and amused at people's ignorance when it comes to firearms. It's when they start trying to wield that ignorance to degrade my rights I start dragging folks for their ignorance.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Ha!
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

This story will not be part of the ongoing gun debate. Move along citizen.
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Steber allegedly had been planning the attack since December, the district attorney's office said, according to WXII. He had recently watched videos related to the 2015 shooting in Charleston, South Carolina, in which nine people were killed so he could learn "what to do and what not to do as it related to mass shootings," the district attorney said, per WXII.
Steber decided to attend college in North Carolina because he said it was easier to obtain guns there, the district attorney's office said, according to WXII. He bought the guns over the weekend, the prosecutor's office said, and it was not immediately clear if they were purchased legally.
Yyyyaaaaayyyyyyyy... Dude's from Boston.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

They might as well pull all their hunting equipment. Dick's went that route and now they're just camping and outdoor exercise stuff because all their hunting sales dried up. Of course, they also hired gun control lobbyists, which really pissed of the hunters.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

People are blasting them because they still sell the higher caliber weapons and ammo, they just stopped with handgun ammo. Certain women's groups have pointed out that it's essentially an attack on them because they're more likely to carry that lower caliber ammo.
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

Not an invalid point.
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

Polls Show Gun Control Support Trending Down

Not really surprising to me. Especially as the reporting on these shootings continue and the gun control advocates are asking you to rely on the same yahoos for your safety that failed to be alerted to a problem with these shooters that call them and tell them they're crazy and dangerous.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/10.13 ... 2019.00576

Majority of Americans, including gun and non-gun owners, across political parties, support a variety of gun policies, suggests a new study (n=1,680), which found high levels of support for most measures, including purchaser licensing (77%) and universal background checks of handgun purchasers (88%).

GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

I'd be happy if we locked up crazy people.
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/10.13 ... 2019.00576

Majority of Americans, including gun and non-gun owners, across political parties, support a variety of gun policies, suggests a new study (n=1,680), which found high levels of support for most measures, including purchaser licensing (77%) and universal background checks of handgun purchasers (88%).

I think this will be our nation's next civil war.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: I think this will be our nation's next civil war.
I don't, but it will be a factor.

I'm pro-gun, but also pro-reasonable gun control laws (keep them out of the hands of prior offenders, loonies, etc.). I'm also pro-locking up the loonies.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

There's been a mass stabbing in Florida.

I really think only trained and licensed chefs should have access to knives.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Nobody NEEDS that many knives.
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: I don't, but it will be a factor.

I'm pro-gun, but also pro-reasonable gun control laws (keep them out of the hands of prior offenders, loonies, etc.). I'm also pro-locking up the loonies.
I'm okay for reasonable laws, once we start enforcing the laws already on the books. It's against the law for a convicted felon to even attempt to purchase a firearm, yet they are almost never prosecuted for trying to do so. Before they start enacting more restrictions on me, they should do what they are already authorized to do against those that are breaking current law.