The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

I'd say how embarrassing and terrible this tweet is, but dead horse and all that.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I'm honestly at the point where if someone acts incredulous at Trump's antics, then they're the asshole.

People living under rocks or those just waking up from comas are exempt.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'm honestly at the point where if someone acts incredulous at Trump's antics, then they're the asshole.
I mean, on the one hand I agree, on the other hand - WHY DO WE HAVE A RETARD AS PRESIDENT?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: WHY DO WE HAVE A RETARD AS PRESIDENT?
To be fair, the last one was just as retarded in his policies, but he could at least form complete sentences. Plus, he knew to stay off Twitter, which is apparently really, really difficult.

These are clearly not our best and brightest.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump just postponed a meeting with Denmark because they are not ready to sell Greenland.
Leisher wrote: To be fair, the last one was just as retarded in his policies
No. Your statement is not true.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Obamacare will forever be the thing that fucked up everyones health insurance, making a bad situation worse. And everyone saw it coming and were branded racists for it.

I don't think Trump has done anything yet that fucked over so many people.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Obamacare will forever be the thing that fucked up everyones health insurance, making a bad situation worse. And everyone saw it coming and were branded racists for it.

I don't think Trump has done anything yet that fucked over so many people.
Yeah. Sucks to be one of the millions of people who now have healthcare.

This trade war is impacting, what? 10 people? His masssive national debt impacts 4 people? His teatime today of illegals impacts 3 people?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

he's not president of illegal immigrants. and obama deported more of them, so if you want to use that as an argument, it's in my favor.

If you actually want to argue about it and defend obama's honor, then give me actual numbers of people Trump's fucked over. I don't really count "stocks went down a little" as fucking anyone over, because everyone knows stockbrokers aren't people. If unemployment is rising due to tariffs, then that counts as "they got fucked over." Hail China!

The number of people Obama fucked over is "every person paying for health insurance." Both in higher premiums for shittier plans, and in increased taxes to pay for those newly insured. Whatever that number is. The middle class gets blanket fucked, again.

National debt didn't start to exist under Trump. Not accepting that argument.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: No. Your statement is not true.
It's very true.
TheCatt wrote: Sucks to be one of the millions of people who now have healthcare.
Honestly, I'm happy for them, but as Gordon says:
GORDON wrote: The number of people Obama fucked over is "every person paying for health insurance." Both in higher premiums for shittier plans, and in increased taxes to pay for those newly insured. Whatever that number is. The middle class gets blanket fucked, again.
Did we need to fuck over people with insurance to give insurance to people without? No, we did not.
GORDON wrote: National debt didn't start to exist under Trump. Not accepting that argument.
Neither guy is exactly a wizard in responsible spending or debt management.
TheCatt wrote: His teatime today of illegals impacts 3 people?
I'm not here for a wall, but I'm also not down with rewarding people for breaking the law.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: The number of people Obama fucked over is "every person paying for health insurance." Both in higher premiums for shittier plans, and in increased taxes to pay for those newly insured. Whatever that number is. The middle class gets blanket fucked, again.
Plans exist. People can actually get insurance. The system already sucked, and Obamacare did nothing to fix it, but made it so that millions of people have something, instead of nothing, when it comes to health insurance.
Leisher wrote: Did we need to fuck over people with insurance to give insurance to people without? No, we did not.
Again, most people actually like the ACA, if you ask them about the specific provisions, instead of asking them about Obamacare: https://www.kff.org/health-reform/poll- ... -care-act/
GORDON wrote: I don't really count "stocks went down a little" as fucking anyone over, because everyone knows stockbrokers aren't people.
More than half of the US owns stocks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: If unemployment is rising due to tariffs, then that counts as "they got fucked over." Hail China!
US tariffs on China could cost American households $1,000 per year, JPMorgan says
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump wants to nuke hurricanes?

Trump denies it and even CNN admits it's sketchy:
In an early Monday tweet, Trump denied the Axios' report, claiming that he "never said" what was in it. CNN has not been able to independently verify the report.
Still, can't you see him asking the question? And honestly, as ignorant as the question is due to the complete lack of awareness about the consequences of dropping nukes at all, I don't think it'd be fair to criticize him or anyone if they simply asked out of curiosity. Like if he said, "Listen, I know we can't, but if we dropped a nuke into the eye of a hurricane, would it have the power to disrupt, and thus, dismantle the hurricane?"
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Businesses warn Trump that tariffs will "kill jobs".

This right here is why every real issue will never get addressed. Corporations don't give a shit about jobs. They care about protecting their bottom line for their profit NOW. World's going to end? Who gives a fuck as I'll be rich and long dead! China's stealing all of our technology? Who gives a fuck as I'll be rich and long retired when it comes around to bite my company in the ass!

Tariffs are dumb, but sitting back and letting China continue to get away with murder is worse.

Kill several birds with one stone: Move all U.S. manufacturing in China to Mexico. :D
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Are we in a long term Bull Market? Someone elsewhere just said so.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Are we in a long term Bull Market? Someone elsewhere just said so.
?

The last bull market still hasn't ended
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

SO, yes? How long has it been going on?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: SO, yes? How long has it been going on?
Since March 2009
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I'm not being snarky. I was legit asking. All the news since 2016 has been universally "trump is stupid and destroying the economy" that I assumed the market wasn't doing well, overall.