Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

That one is kind of mind boggling.. Do they chain their workers in there or something?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

School should imply "not a university," imho. Also, the victim should be younger than 20, and not just at a basketball court
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

And shouldn't involve BB guns...
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Shooting at Cali food festival.

Of course, politicians were already talking about broken gun laws and one mentioned the bullshit "40,000 people killed every year by guns" (I think it was Sanders, but they removed it from the article when I had refreshed).

Remember, it's the guns that are to blame for these shootings, not the people behind them!
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Told my gfriend's 14 yo daughter just yesterday that she should carry a gun.... I already forget the context in which we were speaking. "Makes the smallest girl equal to the largest man." In front of her mother, and grandfather.

I'm still not sure if they approved, or not.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

If she starts carrying, it doesn't matter if they approve ;-)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

2 shootings at least 29 dead this weekend.

Responses from political people pretty much what you expect.
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

Someone is talking about violent video games again. It's weird, overall gun violence is in decline. Number killed in each incident is rising. Seems like the motivations are what's causing the swing, I think.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

He acknowledged that "there have been studies that say [videogames] impact people, and studies that say it does not", but added: "I look at the common denominators, as a 60-something father and grandfather myself, what's changed in this country? We've always had guns, we've always had evil, but what's changed when we see this rash of shooting? And I see a videogame industry that teaches young people to kill.
Weird how video games only do this in America.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Nine people were killed and 27 others were injured just as bars were closing at around 1 a.m. in Dayton's popular Oregon District.
But the motive might never be known. The killer, Connor Betts, was gunned down by police about 30 seconds after his first shot, Dayton Police Chief Richard Biehl said.
But the devastation was already done. Betts managed to fire dozens of shots with a .223-caliber high-capacity rifle with 100-round drum magazines.
Gun control opponents here: All OK with this?
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Study from July 2019, among others, continue to say there is no link between video games and violence.

A lot of other things have changed in our culture despite what these ignorant comments suggest. I would point to the dismantling of our mental care facilities, the breakdown of the traditional family (divorce, women spending less time with their kids, single income households no longer being enough to survive, etc.), the trophies for everyone movement, and the social pressure to stop parents from disciplining their children. What happens when you raise children who think they're owed everything and who don't have any concept of consequences? This is it.

Grandma stops another mass shooting.

That story goes to prove my point. Where are his parents?

Dayton shooter had a hit list and police had been involved.

How does he then have access to a gun? Where are the parents? Why isn't he in a mental facility?

Anti-gun nuts are pissed at NDgT for his tweet.

Chicago had a typical weekend.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Dayton shooter had a hit list and police had been involved.

How does he then have access to a gun? Where are the parents? Why isn't he in a mental facility?
A lot of people seemed to know about this list for nothing to have been done.
Leisher wrote: Anti-gun nuts are pissed at NDgT for his tweet.
I won't lie, I love him getting yelled at.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

My gfriend is a school teacher, and is a little more sensitive than usual about school shootings, if such a thing could be possible. She likes going to the shooting range, but she has a visceral hatred of ARs. I told her that's kind of a silly thing to focus on, she says she can't help it.

Anyway, that shooting happened, and she was saddened. I didn't have much of a reaction. She looks at me, "19 people died today." I did a NdGT before he did: "A lot more people than that have died today."

I could tell she didn't want to hear my reasoning, so I changed the subject.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."