Samuel Little

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Samuel Little

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Samuel Little

Post by Leisher »

FBI wants your help identifying victims.

The creepy part is Little drew these sketches himself. He apparently remembers them all, they are all drawn from memory. Two have been identified so far.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Samuel Little

Post by Leisher »

Claims to be the most prolific serial killer in U.S. history.

He's never heard of H. H. Holmes, and apparently neither has CNN.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Samuel Little

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Claims to be the most prolific serial killer in U.S. history.

He's never heard of H. H. Holmes, and apparently neither has CNN.
Holmes only killed 9 people, and only rumours from much more recent times put the #s above 100
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Samuel Little

Post by Leisher »

Really Wikipedia? :D

They technically only pinned a single murder on Holmes. Ironically, it was his accomplice. The count of 9 are the only ones that have a paper trail.

He claimed 27, but some of those he said he killed were still alive. He was just fucking with the police, which if you read about him fits his character. Although, he later admitted to 130.

Technology and police methods at the time meant we'll never know for certain, but it was a lot.

The reason his official number is so low is because they really didn't give a shit or have the know how back then. That's why speculation later has pushed his numbers higher as people learned more about what he was up to and whatnot.

He ran a hotel during the Chicago World Fair where people checked in, but never checked out. He posted ads, like ancient Tinder, looking for wives from different states and several bit. You know how many women went missing in Chicago during that time period?

He would kill people, then file insurance claims on them and collect. He did this throughout his adult life. Think about this for a bit. How fucking easy was it to commit murder back then? they can't even track these because paperwork was so bad and Holmes would file under different names.

His murder castle was elaborate with multiple rooms providing various means of torture and death. Not to mention alarms and dead end passages to confuse those who might try and escape. He also had a massive furnace and lye vats. The police believed he could have killed as many as 200 people, but they'll never know as it was impossible to count victims in that era combined with the furnace and lye. Some researchers believe it could have been more.

You like podcasts right? Listen to Timesuck with Dan Cummins - Episode 25. It's all about H.H. Holmes. Cummins is a stand up comic who does the podcast on the side to engage his inquisitive side, and he does all the deep dive research for each episode. He'll tell you who believes what and doesn't ever really pick sides unless there's conclusive evidence.

Side note: Leonardo DiCaprio is in talks to play Holmes in a movie.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Samuel Little

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: You like podcasts right?
I've never actually listened to one. But I've thought about it :)

You would think with all the effort he killed more than 9. But he never seems to be a reliable source of information. And like you point out, it's hard to say what was going on so long ago, and with so little evidence.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Samuel Little

Post by Leisher »

I do know he's linked to far more than 9 disappearances and considering his constant scams plus his elaborate, and honestly genius, murder castle, I'd bet my life it's far, far more than 9.
Vince

Samuel Little

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: I do know he's linked to far more than 9 disappearances and considering his constant scams plus his elaborate, and honestly genius, murder castle, I'd bet my life it's far, far more than 9.
He had a fake hotel during the Chicago World's Fair. I'd agree.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren