Kidnapping Stella (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Kidnapping Stella (2019)

Post by Leisher »

Netflix

German film that seems to be Netflix's movie of the week.

Two men plan and then execute the kidnapping of a wealthy man's daughter. However, one of them didn't plan for everything. Plus, the chick is crazy feisty.

Initially, you get fed different paths until something big is revealed. Then the movie becomes something of a waiting game.

The performances are really good, but the plot is a bit weak. The whole premise kind of falls apart once the movie plays out. It might take slight thinking about it, but all the steps that lead to the kidnapping don't add up.

There's also a weird moment in the middle of the film where something happened that was too subtle. It was also a miraculous coincidence. I had to legit rewind twice until I saw what the director wanted me to see. If you're giving the audience information, just give it to them, don't disguise it.

Also, I'm not really sure what was going on in the scene after the climatic scene. Maybe I missed some dialogue, but should i have had feelings for that person with that thing? Something got lost in translation there.

Subtitles suck. Learn English you rude bastards! :D

Still, I did not hate it despite its flaws. It wasn't great either, so temper your expectations.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”