Blizzard

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

I did finally realize I could do easy GRs to boost my legendary gems, so started working on that this morning. Also respecced my legendaries to better match my skills.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

I got stuck at GR59 with my necro. I took over my wife's Crusader, and am rocking GR89. 3 primals found so far, but only 1 was useful. Hard to find the missing pieces of equipment that I need to complete the build. Cannot believe how much time people must stick in to get to GR129, etc.

Paragon level 650 or so.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Made it to GR98, but it was a slog. Paragon level around 760. The biggest issue right now is that my wife and I (much less our kid who plays) have wildly different levels of capability. I've pretty much finished my build, but they are still working on theirs. I can do low trillions of damage, and my wife does low billions. My daughter does millions, but on occasion can do billions with specials.

We've made it to WhimsyShire(? the one that s opened by rainbow goblins) twice, and even to an Ancient Vault once. Those were pretty awesome.
Leisher
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by Leisher »

This thread, which kindled my interest, has now grounded it into pulp.

I don't want a slog. It didn't help that the game itself was just "meh". No charm to it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: This thread, which kindled my interest, has now grounded it into pulp.

I don't want a slog. It didn't help that the game itself was just "meh". No charm to it.
GR98 is post-game content. There's a seasonal competition of some sort to see where you can get. The game itself was OK. The kids loved it, since they've never played anything like it before.

The post-game was/is interesting. But I'm at that point where it's all up to the RNG, and getting better takes way too long.
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

I've not played the game in the last couple of weeks myself. Some because of life commitments and others because i've played other games. But Diablo 3 is still worth the play, the "grind" to level 70 is actually very quick and the game does great at keeping that part of the game fun. The grind is nothing like Borderlands, which i still don't have a max level character after all this time!

The post game does become a grind when you're looking to get the max gear and hitting higher and higher greater rifts. But Diablo 3 is easily the best ARPG in my opinion, and i always seem to come back to it once a year to have some fun with it again. Also, much more fun when playing with others you know.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: But Diablo 3 is easily the best ARPG in my opinion
I would go Torchlight or Torchlight 2.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

I preferred BL2. But it's fun enough, and I feel like the game is teaching my kids things.
Leisher
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by Leisher »

BL2 isn't an ARPG.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: BL2 isn't an ARPG.
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

i guess i never really thought of Borderlands as an ARPG either, at least not in the traditional sense. its an FPSRPG if there is such a thing.

But if it were to be an ARPG then Borderlands would by my number 1.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: BL2 isn't an ARPG.
That's incorrect.

BL games are classified as FPS, not Action. Those are two different categories of games.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: BL games are classified as FPS, not Action. Those are two different categories of games.
I mean, it's literally categorized right there in the screenshot. It's some kind of FPS-RPG hybrid.
Leisher
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: BL games are classified as FPS, not Action. Those are two different categories of games.
I mean, it's literally categorized right there in the screenshot. It's some kind of FPS-RPG hybrid.
It also, literally, doesn't say FPS anywhere and that's what it is more than anything else. That screenshot is wrong.

I don't know why Steam is categorizing it like that. Perhaps they want to generalize categories to expose their customers to more games?

How is Half-Life 2 not an ARPG under these rules?
GORDON
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by GORDON »

I remember System Shock 2 being sold as an ARPG.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by Leisher »

Well, I guess all games are ARPGs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Well, I guess all games are ARPGs.
It's all grey
Leisher
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by Leisher »

So basically name your favorite game of all time and that's your favorite ARPG.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: So basically name your favorite game of all time and that's your favorite ARPG.
Ms PacMan
Leisher
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by Leisher »

I was thinking Tetris on the Super Game Boy. Remember the one where you could launch the space shuttle at the end?