The UFO thread

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Vince

Post by Vince »

You would hope a marketing thing would have more creativity and money.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Have you seen some of the marketing videos lately that are supposed to be real? They're very much like this one.

What was the one for the movie that had the witch or ghost or whatever in the intersection? It just came out over the summer...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Re: The UFO thread

Post by Leisher »

Feed from the ISS cuts out again when an unknown thing enters the frame cue the conspiracy!
Leisher
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by Leisher »

I saw that it had "the building blocks of life" on it and thought, "Great, it's a giant space load."
Troy

The UFO thread

Post by Troy »

From the movies - as soon as some NASA geek tells the chiseled general "The object appears to be slowing down" we are in trouble.
Vince

The UFO thread

Post by Vince »

I thought it looked like the Doomsday Device in ST:TOS
TheCatt
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by Leisher »

Maybe the bugs shot it at us.

Watch out Buenos Aires!
Leisher
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by Leisher »

Several pilots report UFO over Ireland.

Ireland must have crazy swamp gasses...
Leisher
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by Leisher »

US Navy pilots have close encounter.

They filmed it, tracked it, etc. and apparently this happens a lot.

The truth is out there.
Leisher
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by Leisher »

Troy

The UFO thread

Post by Troy »

I read an interesting article that linked some recent patents awarded to the US Navy to the recent pilot testimonial UFO sightings.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/2 ... h-advances

The patents themselves are techno garble. The PTO normally rejects these. In fact, they did - as patents that didn't "enable" their invention, didn't explain how it worked. The Navy officials wrote a letter "persuading" the PTO to grant the patents. The Navy's letter is available as part of patent's prosecution history.

Highlights of the letter:

The Navy asserts some of the tech is feasible but not currently possible and are working on it
In Dec 2017 the Navy had been 1 year into working on electro magnetic propulsion systems. Like this
"China is already investing significantly in this area"
"I assert this will become a reality"

The patents were granted quietly later after an initial rejection. It's a long article but worth a glance as there's something weird going on here. I don't understand all of these concepts outside of an abstract, but I think it would represent a leaps and bounds step forward in battery and propulsion technologies.
The concept is fairly simple, although the engineering required to make it a reality is anything but. All matter contains energy on the quantum level. By theoretically creating its own incredibly dense and polarized energy field, the hybrid craft is claimed to be able to create a quantum 'vacuum' around itself which allows it to repel any air or water molecules with which it interacts. Thus, the craft can essentially ignore aerodynamic or hydrodynamic forces, or so it is claimed in the patent.
Last edited by Troy on Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Leisher
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by Leisher »

Interesting as hell.

Reminds me of the SR-71. A plane way too advanced for its time (the 60s), still in use today, and even considered a potential space vehicle. *cough*
Vince

The UFO thread

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Interesting as hell.

Reminds me of the SR-71. A plane way too advanced for its time (the 60s), still in use today, and even considered a potential space vehicle. *cough*
A lot of that had to do with how Kelly Johnson had Skunk Works set up. They designed and built the first P-80 jet (the first US jet) in less than 150 days near the end of WWII. From concept to a finished jet. He used a small team and they really weren't constrained in their design and thinking the way many engineers are. As evidenced by no part of the SR-71 being a stock part. They began in a circus tent with no A/C. The SR-71 is an amazing aircraft, though.
Leisher
Site Admin

The UFO thread

Post by Leisher »

US Navy confirms UFO sighting was UFOs.

The fact that this isn't the top story on every news site says a lot about where we are as a civilization, imho.