NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Raptors win it all, but it took some luck
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

NBA

Post by Stranger »

I hate that the whole narrative of this series was all about KD being hurt and now Klay. Nobody was saying the same thing about the Cavs in 2015 when they didn't have Kyrie and Love. Lebron still took that series to 6 games with his 2 and 3 players being Timofey Mozgov and Matthew Dellavadova..

I'm glad GS finally had to deal with some adversity. Fuck them, i hope it fucks them next year too!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Nobody was saying the same thing about the Cavs in 2015 when they didn't have Kyrie and Love.
That's actually not true.

Warriors fans were saying, "Injuries are part of the game. Deal with it!" Cleveland fans should feel free to remind them.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

According to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, the Lakers have agreed to acquire center Anthony Davis from the New Orleans Pelicans in exchange for guard Lonzo Ball, forwards Brandon Ingram and Josh Hart, and three first-round picks, including the fourth overall selection in the 2019 NBA Draft.
Holy fuck
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Big trade.

Lakers are in win now mode as Lebron isn't getting younger, was threatening to leave, and the Warriors won't be good next year. Next year is their shot.

They're sacrificing the future for the now.

Should be interesting to see how the rest of the league responds.

I wonder when/if Anthony Davis will realize that Clutch is just using him to help Lebron?

I am glad the Celtics are out of the bidding. I didn't want Kyrie to stay and I didn't want to mortgage the future for a one year rental. Now they can focus on building a real team.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Lavar Ball is saying trading Lonzo is a bad move by the Lakers.

Getting rid of your dumb ass is a win even if Lonzo becomes an All-Star, which doesn't seem too likely.

Rumors have teams calling the Pelicans for that #4 pick from the Lakers, so depending on Zion and who they get in the next trade, they might become an immediate contender.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

People shot at Raptors parade.

Between this and the cheering for an injured KD, can we end the myth about Canadian kindness?
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Horford and Cs parting ways.

This sucks. Horford was a hell of a good addition to the team, but I get the Cs stance. He's old, has nagging injuries, and wants too much money for diminishing returns.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Davis to Lakers isn't done just yet.

And what are they going to do about other players? Or do they plan to just field a three man team of Lebron, Davis, and Kuzma?
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

The draft was last night and I had it on in the background. It just doesn't match the NFL draft. It's a very weak imitation.

I guess the Suns grabbed a guy at 11 that was projected to be a 2nd rounder. Most people were making fun of that.

Bill Simmons hated the Celtics draft. They drafted another wing (who people say could be a good scorer), picked up some other rando, and traded for more first rounders in other years.

I don't know what else of note happened. It was so dull.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I guess the Suns grabbed a guy at 11 that was projected to be a 2nd rounder. Most people were making fun of that.
Well, I sure hope Cam Johnson (UNC) proves the doubters wrong.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Definitely a young man's game. Johnson is that first dark blue dot this year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

The Lakers are without a cap spot for AD.

There are a lot of rumors he's going to get paid extra for Space Jam 2, thus circumventing the salary cap.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: There are a lot of rumors he's going to get paid extra for Space Jam 2, thus circumventing the salary cap.
That would be mildly hilarious
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Durant declines the $31.5M player option.

Huge news.

First of all, Durant, literally, just said no to $31.5M he would have been paid to simply sit out this year. (Unless his injury would have triggered something making him stay?)

Secondly, he's now in play for the Clippers, Nets, Knicks, and the Warriors. Don't count out the Celtics doing something crazy either.

In other news, the Rockets are trying to do a sign and trade for Jimmy Butler.

In other, other news, NBA in talks to drastically alter their season.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Kemba Walker to replace Kyrie in Boston?

That would be a HUGE win for Boston. Dumping a cancer for a team first and locker room leader.

This would be Boston next year:
Walker - PG
Hayward - SG
Tatum - SF
Brown - PF
? - C
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Lakers paying even more for AD.

They basically traded everyone except Lebron, Kuzma, and all their draft picks for the next several years. All to try and win in the next year or two.

Good luck.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

I misspoke, they have apparently added room for one more max player.

Will it be Kwahi? Will it be Russell? They'd better hope a three man team can beat five man teams.