The Middle East

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Middle East

Post by Leisher »

Not sure where else to put this...

Middle East tensions are skyrocketing as oil tankers are being attacked.

Update: The U.S. Sec of Defense is saying Iran is behind the attacks.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Middle East

Post by TheCatt »

FU, Iran.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

The Middle East

Post by Vince »

CNN was claiming the US government released a video where they claim it shows Iranians removing an unexploded mine from one of the ships. At this point our press is siding with a foreign enemy over anyone that might be considered part of the Trump administration. Things are insane, and Trump is becoming the least insane part of it.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Middle East

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: CNN was claiming the US government released a video where they claim it shows Iranians removing an unexploded mine from one of the ships. At this point our press is siding with a foreign enemy over anyone that might be considered part of the Trump administration. Things are insane, and Trump is becoming the least insane part of it.
I don't understand your statement. The US does appear to be claiming these things, and that is what CNN reported.
The US says that object is likely an unexploded mine.
I mean, there's no definitiveness here?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

The Middle East

Post by Troy »

Woah CNN now saying the US says the Iranians tried to shoot down one of our drones with a missile before the tanker attack. Apparently it missed.

I couldn’t find anything about this on Fox or bbc yet.

E: reddit seems strangely united that this whole thing is a false flag attempt to start another ME war
GORDON
Site Admin

The Middle East

Post by GORDON »

I remember when people were CERTAIN W was bringing back the draft, in order to invade Iran.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

The Middle East

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: I don't understand your statement. The US does appear to be claiming these things, and that is what CNN reported.
The US says that object is likely an unexploded mine.
I mean, there's no definitiveness here?
The verbiage used is what I have a problem with. Under Obama I'm pretty sure it would have been worded a lot differently. "We are being told by the defense department" or "The administration has informed us they removed what appears to be". The broadcast was using "claim".

Funny how the same people that told us we can't question our intelligence agencies when it comes to Russian election meddling are now questioning our intelligence agencies on Iran being a bad actor. Don't get me wrong. The other side flipped as well.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren