Abortion

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Georgia's new abortion law

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'm not, but that's been covered and probably a separate issue from the "is this life/murder" argument.
Here:

Vaginal Terms of Service:
If you insert a penis into vagina, you live with whatever consequences of said vagina owner's decisions. Insertion implies agreement.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Incredibly sexist.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Incredibly sexist.
Yep. If only a man is responsible for pregnancy then only the man should decide what to do with any kid.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

And if he has no responsibility,.then he should have no.financial responsibility.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I spelled out his responsibility in the terms of service...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Telling a man to.keep it.in his pants is equally as valid as telling a single woman to keep her legs shut.

Dare you.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Telling a man to.keep it.in his pants is equally as valid as telling a single woman to keep her legs shut.
Indeed.

Additionally, if you're the one who ultimately gets to decide if something lives or dies based on your mood, then maybe you should take birth control more seriously?

Equality!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Telling a man to.keep it.in his pants is equally as valid as telling a single woman to keep her legs shut.

Dare you.
If she doesn’t want to make those decisions, she should keep her legs shut
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Tough decision, deciding on whether or not to make a choice someone else has to pay for.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tough decision, deciding on whether or not to make a choice someone else has to pay for.
Both people pay.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:[
Additionally, if you're the one who ultimately gets to decide if something lives or dies based on your mood, then maybe you should take birth control more seriously?

Equality!
This is the reason I really don't trust Planned Parenthood as an honest broker in these discussions. If they really pushed the morning after pill as their primary and preferred method of dealing with an (possible) unwanted pregnancy, it'd be a lot tougher on the pro-life side of the argument. How many lives will that be taking? And LOT of people that consider themselves pro-life wouldn't even argue that the day after conception you can consider it a life. How many babies would that be? Who knows. The woman taking the pill doesn't even know if she's pregnant.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: If they really pushed the morning after pill as their primary and preferred method of dealing with an (possible) unwanted pregnancy, it'd be a lot tougher on the pro-life side of the argument. How many lives will that be taking? And LOT of people that consider themselves pro-life wouldn't even argue that the day after conception you can consider it a life. How many babies would that be? Who knows. The woman taking the pill doesn't even know if she's pregnant.
The challenge with "emergency contraception" is that it's only between 50 and 75% effective. So that's still a fair number of unwanted pregnancies. Whereas abortion has a much higher success rate.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote: If they really pushed the morning after pill as their primary and preferred method of dealing with an (possible) unwanted pregnancy, it'd be a lot tougher on the pro-life side of the argument. How many lives will that be taking? And LOT of people that consider themselves pro-life wouldn't even argue that the day after conception you can consider it a life. How many babies would that be? Who knows. The woman taking the pill doesn't even know if she's pregnant.
The challenge with "emergency contraception" is that it's only between 50 and 75% effective. So that's still a fair number of unwanted pregnancies. Whereas abortion has a much higher success rate.
I was just checking the stats before I posted that. The stat I saw was if used within 24 hrs, they said it was 95% effective. 89% if used within 72 hrs. Oral contraceptives showed a 7% failure, which is also the BC method PP promotes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: I was just checking the stats before I posted that. The stat I saw was if used within 24 hrs, they said it was 95% effective. 89% if used within 72 hrs. Oral contraceptives showed a 7% failure, which is also the BC method PP promotes.
Ah, the data I was looking at was for up 120 hours.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Ah, the data I was looking at was for up 120 hours.
Okay, then that explains it. That's not a good use of the drug, to be honest. Horrible bleeding and pain when used further along in the pregnancy. Used as intended (they call it "the morning after" pill for a reason), it's more effective with a lot fewer side effects.

And as I was saying, if PP went that route (the old "safe, legal and rare") instead of pushing for elective 3rd trimester abortions, they could capture a lot more of the people in the middle.

The problem with them is the same as almost every special interest group. Including the National Right to Life foundation. It's become about the money. That's why the right to life groups end up supporting the 20 week ban over the heartbeat bans. Heartbeat bans cuts their funding in that state.

I've come to believe that the Republican party doesn't really want to get Roe overturned anyway. Since Roe, every Republican Presidential candidate that has made abortion a central element of their campaign has carried the Catholic vote. Prior to Roe, they never carried the Catholic vote. No Republican has won the popular vote without carrying the Catholic vote. So you kind of see the problem for the Republicans if Roe were to be overturned.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

https://abc11.com/anti-abortion-group-m ... s/5303214/

Anti-abortion advocate attacked at UNC. Captured on video. That's not productive
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

who cares, it isn't like those anti-abortion nazi monsters are human. animal cruelty, at best
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: https://abc11.com/anti-abortion-group-m ... s/5303214/

Anti-abortion advocate attacked at UNC. Captured on video. That's not productive
This is the third incident or so this year. The pro-aborts are pretty intolerant.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Hairstylist seen in video kicking pro-life demonstrator is arrested -- and police allege it's not his first attack. This was from last fall in Toronto.

Video Shows 85-Year-Old Protester Being Attacked Outside Planned Parenthood in SF. San Francisco. Luckily the old man's fall was broken by the big pile of human shit on the ground.

Democrat Offered Reward to ‘Dox’ Pro-Life Teens. That one didn't have the desired result. I think the PP there might have asked Simms to stop helping.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: The pro-aborts are pretty intolerant.
Anit-abortions have sent bombs, shot people, and sent hundreds of fake Anthrax packages, but ok, that compares to mild assault somehow?