The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Not sure why it just popped up today for me.

It all still goes to prove reporters are no longer investigating. They are simply reporting exactly what they're told and then throwing their own opinion on the spin.

It sucks. When I worked in the MSM, this is the shit I saw. Faxes would come in from whomever, the reporter would re-write the wording, and then that's what was reported to the public.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

The WSJ is my news go to. Conservative, but not a joke like Fox News.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

I agree with Seth.

Also, Fox News' website is just trash. Not sure who designed it, but they should be fired.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I agree with Seth.

Also, Fox News' website is just trash. Not sure who designed it, but they should be fired.
It's fugly.

Also, I go there once a week just to see what they are covering, and it's 80% gossip and/or celebrity news.
Troy

The MSM

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I agree with Seth.

It's fugly.

Also, I go there once a week just to see what they are covering, and it's 80% gossip and/or celebrity news.
Fox and barstool sports LOVE them a hot teacher sex scandal. A hot blonde one is a guaranteed front pager.
Last edited by Troy on Tue May 21, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Fox and barstool sports LOVE them a hot teacher sex scandal
Srsly. I don't remember ever seeing a hot teacher sex scandal in the WSJ.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN's top story:

Fox News stands by Laura Ingraham after she defends white supremacist, other extremists on her prime time show

That's the actual headline.

Now read the article. That is NOT what she's doing, and this should be exhibit A if anyone questions if CNN is a propaganda machine.

I don't like Ingraham. I think Fox is a right wing outlet, but this shit proves CNN is about as honest in its reporting as the Chinese press.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM - Mainstream media catch-all

Post by TheCatt »

Interesting look on how deaths are reported.

TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

They need to a category of "mass shootings," reality, vs. how much it gets reported.

ed it - Well, I guess homicide would cover that? Fits, though.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

I saw "stroke" and thought the Luke Perry story skewed that until I saw it was from 2016. So now I'm trying to remember which famous person died from a stroke in 2016.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

I mean, I guess it was a while ago, but...
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

It occurs to me me that a more accurate title for a "journalist" is "Salesman."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Congress is holding hearings on white supremacy for some reason and a Muslim Congressperson talks about death threats she receives.

Since when does anti-Islamic stuff fall under white supremacy? Yeah, I get that these dipshits aren't fans, but a whole lot of other people aren't either. White supremacists also aren't the sole group responsible for domestic terrorism. Keep in mind this hearing occurred a few days after a black guy walked into his workplace and shot a bunch of people.

That article just confused me as it screams "whitey is evil" in the headline, and then it talks about a bunch of stuff that isn't exclusive to white supremacists.

The point of the article eludes me unless it was written strictly from a biased perspective, which seems to be the case.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

I'm having difficulty determining if this is terribly inappropriate or just addressing a reality...

Teen Vogue article: Why Sex Work is Real Work.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: I'm having difficulty determining if this is terribly inappropriate or just addressing a reality...

If you're a parent that allows your young daughter to read Teen Vogue, you're bad at your job.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'm having difficulty determining if this is terribly inappropriate or just addressing a reality...

My gut reaction the other day is what it was inappropriate, but the more I thought about it, the more normal it seemed. I agree that it should be legal, and if we can talk to 3 year Olds about jobs, surely we can talk to sexually maturing teens about the fact that sex work exists, which, quite frankly, they already know. I then in it should be legal, and articles like this remove or lower stigma.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:

If you're a parent that allows your young daughter to read Teen Vogue, you're bad at your job.
Teen vogue, which is now online only, has become a much more thoughtful magazine than it started as, particularly over the past 3 or 4 years. It’s not just makeup and prom.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:

My gut reaction the other day is what it was inappropriate, but the more I thought about it, the more normal it seemed. I agree that it should be legal, and if we can talk to 3 year Olds about jobs, surely we can talk to sexually maturing teens about the fact that sex work exists, which, quite frankly, they already know. I then in it should be legal, and articles like this remove or lower stigma.
Yeah, like removing and lowering the stigma helped reduce teen pregnancy.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Yeah, like removing and lowering the stigma helped reduce teen pregnancy.
I'll be honest, I'm a little surprised to see you come out so far in favor of this.

https://www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/adolescent- ... index.html