NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I doubt it. I've never seen it before.
I googled it, and it looks like someone just took some stock clip art and add OHIO STATE to it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Probably.

They're competitive frisbee players. I'm guessing they're usually high.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Probably.

They're competitive frisbee players. I'm guessing they're usually high.
20 to 30 years ago that was probably true. Not any more.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC Sweeps pool play in both categories to stay #1 seed.

OSU men tripped up, but recovered to qualify for the tournament piece, and won their playin game to make the quarters. OSU women held their #2 seed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Dartmouth has at least one trans player on their women's team... I'll be honest, I don't love it. The person is 6'0" tall. I would have been a rockstar in the women's league.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

#5 basketball recruit skips college to play pro. All he had to do was travel half-way around the world.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

My favorite part of that article.
“I kept it on the backburner,” Rod Hampton said. “I want the public to know this isn’t a fly by night move. RJ could get in to Stanford. He has a 1280 on the SAT and a 3.7 GPA. We aren’t doing this for financial reasons or he has to do this, he could have gone to college.”
I had a much higher SAT, and much higher GPA, but didn't get into Duke, when, quite frankly, college was a lot less competitive to get into.

The current median SAT for Stanford is 1465. The 25th percentile is 1390.

I feel like Rod's giving the impression he could have been accepted on his academic merits. I call bullshit. He could have gone to Stanford, but only cuz of sports.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: He could have gone to Stanford, but only cuz of sports.
I agree. Those numbers didn't blow me away.

He certainly would have been accepted to an SEC school though...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: He certainly would have been accepted to an SEC school though...
Shit, my dog got into half of them without even applying :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Peeps are REALLY unhappy in Clemson today.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Fleming seems like a really good kid.

I love that it came down to off field stuff for him. I also love that the article details it for other recruits to read.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Stuff has been leaking about Ed Warinner (sp?) and his ineptitude as a coach at OSU. People actually blame him for them not winning it all in 2015. He had issues like getting a play in after a timeout, which is telling. He was fired after that season. Anyway, that led to this recent(?) video showing up:
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Stuff has been leaking about Ed Warinner (sp?) and his ineptitude as a coach at OSU. People actually blame him for them not winning it all in 2015. He had issues like getting a play in after a timeout, which is telling. He was fired after that season. Anyway, that led to this recent(?) video showing up:
Ed Warinner is an American football coach and former player who is currently the Offensive line coach for The Michigan Wolverines football team.
Yall are just mad he got away :P
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Ha!

OSU got a commit yesterday that's a K. He's ranked #1 in the nation by former kickers who judge this stuff and by certain outlets. ESPN's rankings don't even have him listed. Goes to prove how all of these "official rankings" are pretty much bullshit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: ESPN's rankings don't even have him listed. Goes to prove how all of these "official rankings" are pretty much bullshit.
To be fair, there's a ton of HS players to watch, and special teams are pretty low on most people's radars.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: ESPN's rankings don't even have him listed. Goes to prove how all of these "official rankings" are pretty much bullshit.
To be fair, there's a ton of HS players to watch, and special teams are pretty low on most people's radars.
Which is honestly crazy considering how many games come down to them.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

People overreacting? The hell you say
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I don't get the offense. The fact that the SEC's biggest cheerleader, Paul Finebaum, seems to have started the fire indicates to me that it's mostly bullshit. Does Finebaum get offended if Bama beats Clemson the past two times? I doubt it.

In news people should get offended about, OSU stole a 4 star OT recruit from PSU. This is days after stealing their 5 star WR.