The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: They constantly complain about it, but when it comes time for action they do nothing. If the world told China, "Stop spying on us or we're done doing business with you" China might actually have to make changes.
Right? Where's Europe in all this shit?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I think the problem is that we produce about 50% of the advancements in tech in the world. So the other countries aren't losing as much as us, and also are paying less for the knockoff's that come from our companies getting their shit stolen. They have no incentive.

And our companies are not without guilt. They are told on the front end that they have to allow access to the Chinese government as a condition of doing business there. I can give the early adopters a break, but when they do it now, they know what they're doing. The cheap labor and lax EPA rules are just too enticing.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trumps takes ball, goes home. Won't discuss initiatives until Democrats stop investigating him.
Trump spoke just minutes after Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Sen. Chuck Schumer were supposed to be meeting with him to find common ground on infrastructure.

"There's was no collusion, no obstruction. We've been doing this since I've been president," he said.

"I've said from the beginning, right from the beginning that you can't go down both tracks. You can go down the investigation track or you can go down the investment track."

Trump said he told Pelosi and Schumer: "I really do but you can't do it under these circumstances... get these phony investigations out of the way."

Pelosi had emerged from a closed-door meeting with all House Democrats on Wednesday morning , iincluding a growing number pressuring her to move forward with an impeachment inquiry, saying, "We believe that no one is above the law, including the President of the United States. And we believe the President of the United States is engaged in a cover-up."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: We believe that no one is above the law
Let's be honest, the left out qualifier is "unless they're a Democrat". (Reverse the parties/person saying it, and it would still be true.)

I honestly don't know who I hate more at this point, Trump, the Dems, or the MSM.

Although, in this case, Trump's move is probably the smart one. If he's innocent, it's 100% the right move. He's probably sick of being accused and should he really be trying to negotiate with people hell bent on wasting tens (hundreds?) of millions just because they lost to him? If he's guilty, it's also the right move. It's a gambit to get them to drop the investigation during a time when voters, on both sides of the aisle, are sick and tired of hearing about it (per polls). Plus, it's a bribe without actually being a bribe. Getting something done is what they can campaign on.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

He isn't wrong. Obstruct to the end.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

If it keeps them from spending $1.6T, let's have an impasse.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: If it keeps them from spending $1.6T, let's have an impasse.
Either way, they're wasting money.

At least one would give some folks jobs.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Just in case you were still under the delusion that only the right had the crazies:

Actors in pro-Trump movie receive death threats.

Ok, serious question: a pro-Trump movie? Really?
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Just in case you were still under the delusion that only the right had the crazies:

Another term would be propaganda. To be fair, I’m pretty sure there were lots of pro Obama movies.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote:
Leisher wrote: Just in case you were still under the delusion that only the right had the crazies:

Another term would be propaganda. To be fair, I’m pretty sure there were lots of pro Obama movies.
There were indeed pro and anti Obama movies. Ditto for Hillary, Bush, Etc.

I just don't like when they're released during an election cycle. We have laws insisting upon equal time for candidates, but that is a loophole.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I'd like to see a movie that goes into the crazies on each side... and the people who only pretend to be crazy, to make a side look bad.

People are garbage, and they do garbage things.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Mueller: We didn't charge Trump because it's not allowed against a sitting President; It's up to Congress

Trump
"If we had confidence that the president did not commit a crime, we would have said so," Robert Mueller said in his statement on the Russia probe.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

To be fair, he didn't say that Trump wasn't charged only because it wasn't allowed. Also, he said that Barr acted in good faith with the release of his report. I'm sure exactly 0 CNN and MSNBC reporters will be asking democrats if they owe Barr an apology for their unfounded criticism of him.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

I think the president using the president's plane is pretty low on the list of issues America has...
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I would agree that hostile media doing their best to help their side win is a bigger problem.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Everyone is looking for secret messages in his presser. I think on both sides it's wishful thinking. I think he had the presser to answer questions he anticipates would be asked in front of congress and to let everyone know he didn't have anything to say beyond what's in the report, so don't bother asking him to come testify and leave him alone he's retired again and headed to the beach.

I really think he hurt the impeachment odds. Right now the "should they impeach" question is running about 55-45 against. I think Democrats were hoping to have hearings where Mueller would testify to gin up interest and stage some leading and framing questions and get a few points to tip the scale. I think Mueller just ensured that no one that isn't already set in an opinion on it will really care about the hearings. So barring some new revelation, I think going the impeachment route will be a loser for Democrats.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

The public has already said they're sick of it.

If the Dems go through with it, it will cost them votes in the next election cycle. An election that already should have them sweating because Chester the Molester is their frontrunner, who is a scandal away from being Bill Clinton part 2, and two candidates (Sanders and the Starbucks guy) have already said they're running independently without the Dem nod.

Even if it works you get rid of Trump, but now you have President Pence and an energized Republican party who will want revenge.

The smart play is to let Trump serve the remainder of his term, beat him in the election, and then investigate.

I haven't even mentioned the implications for Obama as he came out looking really bad in the Mueller Report.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Agree.