Game of Thrones  *SPOILERS* - For the nights dark and full of SPOILERS

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Director gives BS reason and the truth for why Jon didn't pet Ghost.

He claims it made the moment powerful. He admits they didn't want to waste the money.
"Keeping Ghost off to the side, I thought that played out better," Nutter added, explaining that it gave Jon a final moment with Tormund and Gilly before having one last moment with his wolf too.

"Then he just walks off by himself, he turns to Ghost and has this moment with Ghost that I thought was very, very powerful."
Yeah, this is why I never hug or kiss my kids and wife. It's more powerful that way.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Ah, the DENNIS Method.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Ah, the DENNIS Method.
I almost posted it in the Sunny thread, but realized it was a spoiler
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

That was the best episode of the season
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm still digesting.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: That was the best episode of the season
It was, however that's not high praise based upon this season.

I enjoyed the episode, but I think there were some mistakes:
-Is Arya a bad ass or not? For several seasons she was a fearless, remorseless killer, and now she's a frightened little girl.
-Danny has to die. She's insanely unlikable at this point and proven to be a complete monster.
-A few deaths needed to be more definitive. Jamie and Cersei and the knock off Captain Jack Sparrow died, right? Right? Do we really know? Same for the Mountain.
-I guess the prophecy for Cersei was fulfilled because Jamie led her to her death? She was supposed to die by her brother's hand.
-I did not understand Tyrion turned on the bald guy. That made no sense.
-They made the unsullied leader supremely unlikable too.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

And somehow with dozens (hundreds?) of anti-dragon SAMs, they only just got off one or two shots, and they're apparently extremely easy to dodge.

Also, in keeping with the show's tradition of stupid military tactics: the boats were all at anchor, and they sent their troops outside the fort.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: And somehow with dozens (hundreds?) of anti-dragon SAMs, they only just got off one or two shots, and they're apparently extremely easy to dodge.

Also, in keeping with the show's tradition of stupid military tactics: the boats were all at anchor, and they sent their troops outside the fort.
Sssshhhhhhhhh, I'm trying to enjoy this one :)
Leisher wrote: Is Arya a bad ass or not? For several seasons she was a fearless, remorseless killer, and now she's a frightened little girl.
She became a cold-blooded assassin, and now she's becoming a person again, pulling back from the edge. I'm fine with this. Also, I think she kills Dany.
Leisher wrote: -Danny has to die.
Yes, and it was nice to have that happen. I'm a little sad if John becomes our ultimate hero, because he is the maker of ALL THE BAD DECISIONS EVER. But it was nice to see him make yet another terrible decision.
Leisher wrote: A few deaths needed to be more definitive. Jamie and Cersei and the knock off Captain Jack Sparrow died, right? Right? Do we really know? Same for the Mountain.
I'm going to assume they are dead, all of them. Mountain's death was nice, with the battle + the plunging into fire. If any of those characters are not dead, this show sucks.
Leisher wrote: I did not understand Tyrion turned on the bald guy. That made no sense.
He was concerned that his actions would undermine Dany, and therefore John, and would give Cersi more support + leverage as he spread the word.
Leisher wrote: They made the unsullied leader supremely unlikable too.
They did kill the love of his life, and he has always been an exceptionally loyal fighter, no?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: And somehow with dozens (hundreds?) of anti-dragon SAMs, they only just got off one or two shots, and they're apparently extremely easy to dodge.
Honestly, the bigger issue here was last week when they established that the dragon was so easy to shoot. This went a little too far the other way, but whatevs - Dragons are awesome.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That shit cracked me up. She had to run from 6 moving boats with the scorpions pointed forward, that then sunk her navy, and killed most of her army. This time she randomly flies around dodging everything and killing all the scorpions without a problem. Consistency in story telling is kind of important.
TheCatt wrote: She became a cold-blooded assassin, and now she's becoming a person again, pulling back from the edge. I'm fine with this.
She killed people and fed them to their father. She's Eric Cartman.
TheCatt wrote: Also, I think she kills Dany.
That seems to be the most obvious thing since she went there to "kill the queen".
TheCatt wrote: I'm a little sad if John becomes our ultimate hero, because he is the maker of ALL THE BAD DECISIONS EVER.
Ned Stark is rolling in his grave.
TheCatt wrote: I'm going to assume they are dead, all of them. Mountain's death was nice, with the battle + the plunging into fire. If any of those characters are not dead, this show sucks.
I assume all are dead too, but they were so anti-climatic. Cersei is a villain that people wanted to see suffer. Instead she died in her lover's arms and it probably won't even be discovered for years.

The Mountain took a fucking dagger through his eye and out the back of his head, but was fine. Why would a long fall and some fire finish him off? He needed to be beheaded.
TheCatt wrote: He was concerned that his actions would undermine Dany, and therefore John, and would give Cersi more support + leverage as he spread the word.
He murdered his best friend and he didn't need to at all. End of story. He could have waited to see what the fallout was from this battle, and he clearly would have made a different choice now.

I'm not sure any character has been hurt worse by the last two seasons than Tyrion. He has come off like an absolute moron.
TheCatt wrote: They did kill the love of his life, and he has always been an exceptionally loyal fighter, no?
He slaughtered men who had surrendered. Men who did not kill his girlfriend. Him initiating that massacre is proof of his character and it'd be impossible to go back through the show and root for him now. I'm glad his woman got beheaded. I really liked his character. Now I nothing him. And that's really the emotion you want from your audience when you're writing characters...

Speaking of piss poor writing and doing things more for shocks and twists, why in the fuck did Brienne have to sleep with Jamie? Think about it. What was the point of that? What came out of it besides shitting on the fan base's desire to see her and redbeard hook up?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: She killed people and fed them to their father.
People can change/grow. Ever since she got back with Sansa + Jon she's been chiller.
Leisher wrote: Ned Stark is rolling in his grave.
But his bad decision killed him. Whereas Jon's just allowed him to die, but then make EVEN MORE BAD DECISIONS.
Leisher wrote: Instead she died in her lover's arms and it probably won't even be discovered for years.
Honestly, that was a nice surprise, imho. Certainly a much better death than the Night King got.
Leisher wrote: The Mountain took a fucking dagger through his eye and out the back of his head, but was fine. Why would a long fall and some fire finish him off? He needed to be beheaded.
Well, I'm assuming he's some kind of undead. But falling a few hundred feet should break him apart pretty well, cuz gravity is still gravity? Plus, those bits are then burned up.
Leisher wrote: He has come off like an absolute moron.
They seem to be big into "this person isn't who (s)he was!" Everyone has changed, except maybe Cersei. Some people call that growth and character development.
Leisher wrote: He slaughtered men who had surrendered. Men who did not kill his girlfriend. Him initiating that massacre is proof of his character and it'd be impossible to go back through the show and root for him now.
He did not initiate it, Dany did. He saw the dragon still going about and decided to fight on.
Leisher wrote: Speaking of piss poor writing and doing things more for shocks and twists, why in the fuck did Brienne have to sleep with Jamie? Think about it. What was the point of that? What came out of it besides shitting on the fan base's desire to see her and redbeard hook up?
This was terrible, no argument here. It was supposed to be a "Jamie's changed" moment to think he might finally see how terribly his sister is, and might kill her, I would assume.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: People can change/grow.
That has NOT been the theme of the show.
TheCatt wrote: But his bad decision killed him.
DecisionS. If he had a brain the show wouldn't have gone past S1.
TheCatt wrote: Honestly, that was a nice surprise, imho.
You'd be in a very small minority there. Remember when her kid was poisoned and people were pissed because he didn't suffer enough?
TheCatt wrote: Well, I'm assuming he's some kind of undead.
He is. I actually wondered what would have happen if that blade had been dragon glass. Would the Hound still be alive?
TheCatt wrote: Some people call that growth and character development.
Going from the show's smartest person to the dumbest sin't growth. Not learning from your mistakes and no longer being able to read people is massive backwards steps for a character. It's not character development, it's writers who never created the character not understanding him.
TheCatt wrote: He did not initiate it, Dany did. He saw the dragon still going about and decided to fight on.
OH! My bad! He totally is excused for slaughtering unarmed men, women, and children!

On another note, Bill Simmons is a huge fan of the show and does a weekly breakdown with Ryan Russilo. He cracks me up because he calls Bran "the king of comedy" and says every scene he's in just leaps off the screen with energy and humor. Is there a worse character than Bran? What the fuck is his purpose besides being a Debbie Downer?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That has NOT been the theme of the show.
So Bran's still a kid?
Jon Snow is still a night watchman?
Tarley is still a night watchman?
Dany is still a bride against her will?
Tyrion is still a drunk whore-banger?
Sansa wants to be a pretty princess?
Aria's a weak but striving girl?
Theon didn't die a good man?
Jamie Lannister didn't fight alongside northmen?
The wildlings didn't join with those south of the wall?

What the hell have you been watching?
Leisher wrote: You'd be in a very small minority there.
We all watch for different reasons.
Leisher wrote: I actually wondered what would have happen if that blade had been dragon glass. Would the Hound still be alive?
He's a different kind of undead, so who knows.
Leisher wrote: Going from the show's smartest person to the dumbest sin't growth. Not learning from your mistakes and no longer being able to read people is massive backwards steps for a character. It's not character development, it's writers who never created the character not understanding him.
Or, it's someone who could read people when he knew them well, and had lived with their lore for his entire life, versus being put into more chaotic circumstances, getting a bit of hubris, and not realizing he was slipping.
Leisher wrote: OH! My bad! He totally is excused for slaughtering unarmed men, women, and children!
I look at this as a callback to who the unsullied are: Mercenaries known for skills, discipline, and obedience. They obediently followed the orders of their Queen. They never break.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Good episode. Happy King's Landing got burned down. Plenty of issues but still better than the rest of this season's batch.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: What the hell have you been watching?
A show full of morons continuing to make the same mistakes over and over and over again.
TheCatt wrote: So Bran's still a kid?
Jon Snow is still a night watchman?
Tarley is still a night watchman?
Dany is still a bride against her will?
Tyrion is still a drunk whore-banger?
Sansa wants to be a pretty princess?
Aria's a weak but striving girl?
Theon didn't die a good man?
Jamie Lannister didn't fight alongside northmen?
The wildlings didn't join with those south of the wall?
Also, most of things happened because of time or circumstances out of the characters' control. How is that growth?
TheCatt wrote: Or, it's someone who could read people when he knew them well, and had lived with their lore for his entire life, versus being put into more chaotic circumstances, getting a bit of hubris, and not realizing he was slipping.
His character might not be able to read others in chaos, but he shouldn't become a complete dullard. BTW, Braun threatening them with a crossbow was dumb as fuck too.
TheCatt wrote: I look at this as a callback to who the unsullied are: Mercenaries known for skills, discipline, and obedience. They obediently followed the orders of their Queen. They never break.
Unless their dickless selves find a woman they love apparently.

Hey, question of the episode: Would you fuck your banging hot aunt to save thousands of innocents? I mean, the hidden message of that episode is that without dick women would go insane and start killing everyone.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: How is that growth?
Growth is always personality + circumstances.
Leisher wrote: His character might not be able to read others in chaos, but he shouldn't become a complete dullard
Well, I can't completely argue against you there. But he was trying to rage against Cersei, and though that Dany was the best to do it. So that blinded him.
Leisher wrote: BTW, Braun threatening them with a crossbow was dumb as fuck too.
He was negotiating, not threatening.
Leisher wrote: Hey, question of the episode: Would you fuck your banging hot aunt to save thousands of innocents? I mean, the hidden message of that episode is that without dick women would go insane and start killing everyone.
She started that path much earlier, imho.
Leisher wrote: Unless their dickless selves find a woman they love apparently.
These are people who literally grew up having killed puppies.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

50,000 Unsullied.

99,999 nipples.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

IMDB + RT diverge on the latest episode

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »