NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Just remember, the Patriots were once the Browns of the NFL...
You kinda have a point...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

No, the Patriots made it to a Super Bowl.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

ESPN posted their predictions today.

Browns - Catt (11), Leisher(12), ESPN (9)
Steelers - Catt (9), Leisher (10), ESPN(8.5)
Panthers - Catt (10), Leisher (10), ESPN (8)
Redskins - Catt (6), Leisher (7), ESPN (6)
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Miami gives a CB a record deal.

I don't get this move at all.

The Dolphins are not subtly tanking. They're very blatantly tanking. Do they really believe all the pieces will be in place before this guy's deal is over? Maybe they're just throwing money at him because they have nobody else to give it to?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Haskins is having a good camp.

I expect Keenum or McCoy to be shown the door before the year starts. When does Smith come back?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Haskins is having a good camp.

I expect Keenum or McCoy to be shown the door before the year starts. When does Smith come back?
Smith doesn't come back until 2020, if ever.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Billionaire gets his sex tape suppressed.

C'mon, we all know this judge did a favor, and honestly, I'd like to thank him. Nobody needed to see that video.

What's the plan here for Kraft? He avoids a fine and community service. However, he's displaying to the football world that this is a touchy subject for him. Instead of going away, he's going to hear about it a lot more often.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

The first problem with that post, is the 3rd word in that post.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Jets interim GM trades Lee to Chiefs.

That was fast. I wonder if something here led to the former GM's ouster?

As soon as I posted the above, this came out:
Gase didn't want Bell, but the former GM did.

Wow. Not only did Bell lose $15M last year, not only did he sign for millions less this year, but now it's revealed he was lucky to even get what he did as the coach didn't want him.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wow. Not only did Bell lose $15M last year, not only did he sign for millions less this year, but now it's revealed he was lucky to even get what he did as the coach didn't want him.
I read Bell's response, and I just don't believe him.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

You don't believe the guy who kept telling teammates and friends different dates on when he'd report last year and then never did? The hell you say!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Rumors that the Jets want to shop Bell before the season.

Clayton agrees with the reports.

Says the issue isn't Bell, it's how much he was paid. That's hilarious considering only two teams even offered him contracts. Has any player ever overvalued themselves as much as Bell? HUGE mistake not taking that Pittsburgh contract.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

But who else would pay that much for him?

(Thank God the Redskins already have a billion RBs and probably won't make an offer)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Reuben Foster carried off with a leg injury. Little bit of karma, I guess.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Reuben Foster carried off with a leg injury. Little bit of karma, I guess.
Remind me why.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Reuben Foster carried off with a leg injury. Little bit of karma, I guess.
Remind me why.
Torn ACL.

Iirc he was cut by San Francisco for domestic abuse
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Iirc he was cut by San Francisco for domestic abuse
That's right. This sucks then. Now he'll be home more often...