The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Iowa Congressman jumps ship from GOP to Dems due to Trump.

IMHO, this is not the right move by a long shot. Does your hatred of one guy change your entire political belief system? No? Then why are you aligning yourself with people who think differently than you? Why not fight for change from within? This move seems to do more to empower Trump, and those folks who root for a letter, than take power from him.

I have no issue with speaking out against Trump, I mean, he's pretty much indefensible. However, you're screwing over people that voted for you. I think this says more about this guy than it does Trump.

"Trump's a dick and I could see my chances of re-election being in doubt because of him. I think I'll join the other team to save myself." Seems like a coward's move rather than staying in the GOP and strongly speaking out against Trump.

With Russia increasing forces on borders with NATO countries, the U.S. Navy whips out its big dick to intimidate Russia.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I think a lot of those people chose the party they run as, due to an increased chance of winning. Lots of R's vote like D's. This guy/chick is just making a statement. Is my zero-knowledge, blind guess.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

yyyaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Iran partially pulling out of nuclear deal. Threatening a full withdraw.

Does having a hostile Iran hurt or help Trump's re-election?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Iran partially pulling out of nuclear deal. Threatening a full withdraw.

Does having a hostile Iran hurt or help Trump's re-election?
I don't think it matters much.

On the one hand: This is a sign that Trump is making the world more dangerous, withdrawing from treaties and provoking nuclear proliferation.

On the other hand: Iran wasn't taking the agreement seriously, and this shows that the US needs to be more forceful in dealing with our enemies.

And I'm guessing the reaction people have, is already determined, along with who they are voting for.

Barring Iran nuking the US.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump's tax returns hit or some shit, and CNN is finger blasting themselves saying Trump is broke and can't manage a business, yada yada yada.

However, there are real estate people claiming real estate companies always report losses because of tax/business loop holes. Meaning Trump isn't broke or completely incompetent, but is willing to bend the rules and/or take advantage of loop holes.

I'm honestly not sure which is worse.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Oh shit this means he's still president tho, lol.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

6x more jobs under Trump than Obama's last 2 years.

We have to report the good with the bad, so here you go...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: 6x more jobs under Trump than Obama's last 2 years.

We have to report the good with the bad, so here you go...
6x manufacturing jobs. Tariffs do things.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald- ... l_hero_hed

Trump Jr supeonaed, which is a little interesting since it's the Republican controlled Senate
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: US seizes NK ship amid NK test missile launches.

This will all end well.
Trump has it all under control, Leisher.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, but seriously, NK can't do shit about it. We treat them with way more deference than they rate.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Great news, while sitting in the airport I saw that Trump is going to retaliate with more tariffs against China because they increased tariffs to retaliate against Trump's original tariffs...

I look forward to China's retaliation and more Trump retaliation.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Feds are now investigating why Trump was being investigated at all.

Remember Watergate? They're going to discover that the Dems were illegally investigating Trump's campaign. Republicans will scream about it being proof of Democrats trying to subvert elections. Democrats will scream that it's a witch hunt and cover up for Trump's Russia ties. Not one single voter for either party will be swayed. Lots of taxpayer dollars will be wasted and tons of headlines will distract from things the American people should actually focus on.

Yay us...
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump moves to ban certain foreign telecom equipment.

I don't know enough about Huawei to have an opinion on them. However, I do know China ranks #1 in corporate espionage and piracy. Maybe, just maybe, they should cut back on that stuff if they don't want to have their products looked at as spyware.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Trump moves to ban certain foreign telecom equipment.

I don't know enough about Huawei to have an opinion on them. However, I do know China ranks #1 in corporate espionage and piracy. Maybe, just maybe, they should cut back on that stuff if they don't want to have their products looked at as spyware.
I just assume everything Chinese is spying on me.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Trump moves to ban certain foreign telecom equipment.

I just assume everything Chinese is spying on me.
Right?

The entire planet should stop pretending China isn't doing this stuff. They constantly complain about it, but when it comes time for action they do nothing. If the world told China, "Stop spying on us or we're done doing business with you" China might actually have to make changes.