Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Vince

Today in racism

Post by Vince »

FOP had asked federal authorities to look into Foxx's behavior in this investigation prior to this even happening. The police chief and Rahm are both VERY hot about this, so that makes me doubt the idea that the CPD pooched this one.

I expect to see a big push to get federal charges on the mailing of the fake terrorist threat letter from before the fake racial assault. I've never seen so many Democrats openly going after another Democrat and leaving the politics out of it.

Maybe Foxx can unite America in hating her guts?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

Today in racism

Post by Vince »

They are really piling on Foxx now. In a normal world, I'd expect her to step down in the next couple of weeks. However we have two elected officials that wore blackface and one that's been credibly accused of rape all in VA and none of them have stepped down. I think they've all decided "screw you, we ain't leaving".
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

You can't make this shit up.

Foxx is now saying racism is why her office is being attacked for dropping the charges against Smollett.

It must be nice to have a card you can play anytime anything in your life doesn't go your way. Even when the entire world is calling you out for your incompetence, favoritism, and possible bribery.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

A chocolate duckling is racist.

So if they had named the white chocolate duck "ugly" would this even be a story? I'm guessing no.

In other racism news, Congress is holding hearing with tech giants about their inability to curb "white nationalism". That leads to YouTube being forced to shut down comments on the live feed thanks to hateful comments.

A lot of folks were probably trolling, but maybe, just maybe, you'll incite less hate speech if you focus on all hate speech and not just blame whitey?
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

The Caucasian bit. All honkeys get flagged with the White Bit in all communications, so it can all.be tagged as hate speech.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Gordon Ramsay accused of cultural appropriation.

The minute I hear "cultural appropriation", I'm already against you. Every culture appropriates from one another, that's how life works. And that doesn't mean "steals", it can, but that's not the only thing it means. Thus, if that phrase it the core of your argument, you already lose. You're being racist. When you include racists words and phrases within that statement, it just makes it worse.

I don't know who Angela Hui is, but I know she's a racist. I also know her parents culturally appropriated the named Angela...
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Kate Smith being removed from sports stuff because maybe she was racist.
The New York Daily News reported Thursday there are conflicting claims about Smith's 1939 song "That's Why Darkies Were Born." The song originated in the 1931 Broadway revue "George White's Scandals" and was considered satire, but it includes racist language. It was recorded by Smith and also by Paul Robeson, who was black.
Worked with a black guy on a satire song, and that's why she's racist?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Kate Smith being removed from sports stuff because maybe she was racist.
The New York Daily News reported Thursday there are conflicting claims about Smith's 1939 song "That's Why Darkies Were Born." The song originated in the 1931 Broadway revue "George White's Scandals" and was considered satire, but it includes racist language. It was recorded by Smith and also by Paul Robeson, who was black.
Worked with a black guy on a satire song, and that's why she's racist?
Hmmmmm
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

The song name is crazy racist, but if it's satire and a black guy was involved in making it, how do we know the real story? She could have been fucking that black guy for all we know.

Going back in the past and applying today's cultural standards to the people then is one of the most ridiculous trends I've ever seen.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Going back in the past and applying today's cultural standards to the people then is one of the most ridiculous trends I've ever seen.
I agree to some extent. But then you have people like this, who I would say are above average in racist, even for their times.

Also, how would you compare cultural standards of, say, early 1800s America when you have free states and slave states? Were free states the standard?
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

You can't call regular people in the 1950's racist because they used the word "negro," which was, at the time, the respectful way to say it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: But then you have people like this, who I would say are above average in racist, even for their times.
If you join a group whose purpose is to kill, oppress, whatever people because of their race, then you are exempt from my statement.
TheCatt wrote: Also, how would you compare cultural standards of, say, early 1800s America when you have free states and slave states? Were free states the standard?
It's almost impossible. Here's the problem, we don't really know what people were thinking. There were clearly slave owners who treated their "slaves" vastly different from others. There were folks in the free states who were racist and folks in the slave states who weren't.

I think generally we have to all agree the past is the past and to move on. It's the first thing any therapist tells a person. You can't live in the past, so you have to work to leave it.
GORDON wrote: You can't call regular people in the 1950's racist because they used the word "negro," which was, at the time, the respectful way to say it.
Exactly. Right now we're more PC than ever, but will it be fair for us to be judged as racists, bigots, heathens, and so on by folks 100 years from now?

Everyone is a bigot about something. It's how you act upon those feelings that measures if you're a piece of shit or not. Also, what happens when the guy who invented _________ is a racist? Do we stop using _______? It's a ridiculous standard.

Expect better from tomorrow, not yesterday.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Two black American Idol contestants eliminated, so racism.

Will this ever go away? Will people always need an excuse as to why someone loses?

Jussie Smollett's brother writes an opinion piece asking why everyone assumes he's guilty. (Hint: It's because we're all racist.)

He conveniently ignores all evidence that Smollett knew the attackers and texted them details on the attack before it happened.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Maybe everyone should wear burkas all the time and use speech modulators
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

It wouldn't work. We'd then start hating people based on the color of their burka, their height, and their shape.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

The Sneetches with stars on their bellies are superior. Everyone knows this.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It wouldn't work. We'd then start hating people based on the color of their burka, their height, and their shape.
Maybe people should be forced to read this in school, like I was
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

They even made a movie, in case one can't read.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: They even made a movie, in case one can't read.
Any good?