Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Star Wars: Episode IX

Post by GORDON »

Guaranteed to boost ticket sales.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: You know what SW needs to save the franchise? An Ed Sheeran cameo.
GoT went downhill after his appearance, how much further can SW go?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Well. There was a lot of "wut?" But at the time I didn't even know that was a famous person. I thought they found an extra with a decent voice.

But I wouldn't say it cost as many viewers as other graphic violence and rape did.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: how much further can SW go?
I mean, TLJ was about as bad as it gets, right?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

"Why I'm Quitting Tobacco" by Don Draper
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Head of Lucasfilm Story Group disappears.

Long story short: Liberal black woman who was head of the Star Wars story was clearly fired by Disney after TLJ outrage, but it's been covered up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

[video][/video]
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Rise of Skywalker, eh?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Meh.

Looks like they aren't retconning the abomination that was TLJ. At least not enough for my liking. That trailer needed a lot more Luke.

And I'm guessing that was Palpatine laughing at the end.

I have zero interest in this movie.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: And I'm guessing that was Palpatine laughing at the end.
Seems like an OK guess, but I'm hoping it's...
[video][/video]
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

And yet, I want a kid to be able to watch Episodes I-IX and see that one story.”
Then get rid of the 8th one
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stills released and they really want you to know one Jedi, in particular, is in the movie.

Notice who said Jedi is standing next to, which would imply what people thought from the last movie was retconned.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Dude claims to have the synopsis for Episode IX.

I didn't mind watching because I have no desire to see it.

I will say that, if true, it could have paths to redeem the franchise. However, the odds of them doing it correctly are slim. Especially since it doesn't involve retconning TLJ.

Anyway, watch if you want to see it.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Great news!

Daisy Ridley says the last movie is "brilliant".

Ignore the fact that she said TLJ was also really good. I'm sure she's credible.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

We need Stephen King's and Kevin Smith's approval, before I believe it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »