The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Dominance move. Iran can't do shit.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Kid tries to pick Trump for "Person I admire" project, but teacher tries to stop it. Or didn't depending on who you choose to believe.

I just know I laughed at this:
The news station showed her “What Is A Hero To You?” report, in which the middle schooler wrote, “Donald Trump has helped millions of people by creating a great economy. He is fighting every day to protect the people from thugs crossing the border.”
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Iran fires back.
USA: Iran, you're a bunch of terrorists.

Iran: No, you!
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Kid tries to pick Trump for "Person I admire" project, but teacher tries to stop it. Or didn't depending on who you choose to believe.

The news station showed her “What Is A Hero To You?” report, in which the middle schooler wrote, “Donald Trump has helped millions of people by creating a great economy. He is fighting every day to protect the people from thugs crossing the border.”
My favorite part was the dad being quoted twice with sics.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Kid tries to pick Trump for "Person I admire" project, but teacher tries to stop it. Or didn't depending on who you choose to believe.

My favorite part was the dad being quoted twice with sics.
That was clearly the reporter pushing their own beliefs, but still also hilarious.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump administration floated idea of releasing illegal immigrants into sanctuary cities
Trump administration officials engaged in conversations as recently as February about a plan to punish political rivals by transferring immigrants detained at the southern border onto the streets of "sanctuary cities," senior government officials familiar with the matter confirm to ABC News.
"This was just a suggestion that was floated and rejected, which ended any further discussion," the White House official said.
Sanctuary cities, such as San Francisco and New York City, do not cooperate with the federal government in complying with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) requests.
I mean, if you're going to be a sanctuary city, might as well step up and volunteer for this.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Trump administration floated idea of releasing illegal immigrants into sanctuary cities
Trump administration officials engaged in conversations as recently as February about a plan to punish political rivals by transferring immigrants detained at the southern border onto the streets of "sanctuary cities," senior government officials familiar with the matter confirm to ABC News.
"This was just a suggestion that was floated and rejected, which ended any further discussion," the White House official said.
Sanctuary cities, such as San Francisco and New York City, do not cooperate with the federal government in complying with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) requests.
I mean, if you're going to be a sanctuary city, might as well step up and volunteer for this.
I had the same thought. They're sanctuary cities, it makes all the sense in the world that illegals would be sent there for...SANCTUARY!

I'm not really sure why an idea thrown out in a meeting is headline news. I also don't get why it's being presented in an anti-Trump way. I think it highlights the hypocrisy of the folks that support the sanctuary cities.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: They're sanctuary cities, it makes all the sense in the world that illegals would be sent there for...SANCTUARY!
Shouldn't they be lining up to take in illegals? Advertising? Giant signs? Buses at the border to move people in?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

They're exposing hypocrisy of Sanctuary Cities. My guess is that the SCs would sue over it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: They're sanctuary cities, it makes all the sense in the world that illegals would be sent there for...SANCTUARY!
Shouldn't they be lining up to take in illegals? Advertising? Giant signs? Buses at the border to move people in?
WSJ is reporting this as a developing story that Trump is strongly considering. Illegals go to sanctuary cities.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

This might actually be his most logical decision since he's taken office.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: This might actually be his most logical decision since he's taken office.
1) It won't happen.

2) I support it.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

The Mueller report seems to boil down as follows:

CNN - This is the biggest scandal EVAR!!!!! Lots of people rejecting Trump's orders! Trump sucks!
Some Dems - Fire Barr, Mueller, and impeach Trump!
Other Dems (led by Pelosi) - He sucks, but let's not waste time with impeachment. Why would we at this point?
FOX - Meh! Lots of people rejecting Trump's orders!
Republicans - Report proves no collusion, can we please move the fuck on?
Dem voters - Trump is Hitler!
Republican voters - Dems are Hitler!

Those of us not affiliated with either party - *sigh*
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

I read the WSJ reporting, ABC, and CNN. I'm going to go with what the WSJ seemed to indicate: He probably did something. He tried to do even more.

I do not understand the "sitting president cannot be indicted" angle. wtf?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I do not understand the "sitting president cannot be indicted" angle. wtf?
Confused me as well. If he committed a crime, lock his ass up. Ditto for Hillary and her shady ass.

Why do we continue to allow politicians to break the law? It's like they're in charge of them or something!
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: I do not understand the "sitting president cannot be indicted" angle. wtf?
Confused me as well. If he committed a crime, lock his ass up. Ditto for Hillary and her shady ass.

Why do we continue to allow politicians to break the law? It's like they're in charge of them or something!
I thought about it a little longer, and the best conclusion I can come to is: "If the President commits a crime, it's Congress' duty to indict/investigate/convict" (impeach).

But I'm clearly no legal expert.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

And Pelosi doesn't want to go through it all.

I don't blame her. Why waste time when him being in office is a great advertisement for a Dem in the next election? They might actually be dragging it out so that if he somehow wins the election they can indict him at that time.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »