The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Trade deal with China about to happen.
Skeptical until I see the deatils.
I am too, but if he pulls off an agreement that favors us, it may signal the end of times.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I suspect it'll be like the new Mexico deal. From what I've been able to tell from that one, it's about 85-90% the same as the NAFTA deal and the bits that aren't the same aren't really a big deal. Sounds about right since Trump's sycophants aren't hyping it and his detractors aren't trashing it.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Cohen is testifying that Trump is a racist and conman.

So far, it's been exactly what everyone expected. No smoking guns, just Cohen's word. The problem is his word doesn't mean shit in a court of law or even outside of it.

He's been disbarred. CNN has an analysis piece up pointing out that he is motivated by revenge. One of their talking heads is already pointing out his claim of not wanting a WH job is a lie.

Point being, politics as usual.

Does Draino make a solution for capital cities?

In other news, House passes resolution overturning Trumps emergency declaration.

I agree with them. It's stupid.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: In other news, House passes resolution overturning Trumps emergency declaration.

I agree with them. It's stupid.
He kind of undercut his own argument by declaring an emergency and then not signing it for over a week. Obviously not too big of a crisis. I am looking forward to this going to the courts so they can rule on whether or not congress can spend money on this or not and then the courts will have control of all branches of government. That'll be awesome.

Edit: Was seeing something showing he did sign it. Still thing he's underplaying it after, though. I think he doesn't expect it to stand and he's just wanting to consider it "a promise kept".
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump's NK trip doesn't go as planned.

CNN calls his trip an attempt to distract from the Cohen testimony. I don't remember them putting up similar headlines when Bill Clinton was bombing hospitals during the Lewinski scandal. Weird.

Can someone cliff notes Cohen's testimony for those of us who refused to watch the circus? Here's what I know: Trump's not as business savvy as people might believe, he's a narcissistic asshole, probably racist, and his wealth has not only given him a sense of privilege, but actually allow him that. What did Cohen say that I didn't just cover?
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Cohen said Trump knew of Roger Stone's contact with Wikileaks. He said Trump never really planned on winning even the primary (much less the election) and that it was to help his brand. Not sure how that jives with working with Wikileaks. He said Trump said racist stuff. He said Trump paid off Stormy. All the other stuff about the pee tape and pretty much every other early rumor about him Cohen actually shot down.

Not sure how either side justifies calling him a liar on some of his testimony, but using his testimony as evidence on the stuff they like. To me, unless he had physical evidence or could point them to evidence, it was a waste of time. Much like the trip to Vietnam.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Serves McDonald's and Chick-Fil-A to more NCAA champs.

Stepping it up with Chick-Fil-A.

Approval rating continues to climb.

I think this is more anti-MSM than Trump doing awesome things to win approval.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Serves McDonald's and Chick-Fil-A to more NCAA champs.

Stepping it up with Chick-Fil-A.
At least, since it's NDSU, not many black players probably had to stay home.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Guy who got a bucket list call from Trump dies.

I don't remember the actual phone call ever being reported?

MSNBC is reporting the call killed him. I'm kidding, but c'mon, MSNBC would totally do that if they could.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

It's no secret that I don't care much at all for Trump as a human being. But when he switches to schmooze mode, you can really see his potential to be a force for good. He's really gifted at that.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Tariffs are bad; But, if you're on an un-even playing field due to other countries' behavior/laws/regulations, they are absolutely a weapon to use.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

And as some Nazi racists have said from the beginning, this all began because of an imbalance.

This is such duh-doy shit, but we gotta politics.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump is accusing FB and Twitter of collusion against conservatives.

While I'd bet if you did a survey most of their employees are absolutely liberal leaning, I doubt there is collusion.

Also, that link is to a live "Trump news" page or something, so it may not be the top story anymore.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I don't know how some of these policies can happen without there being collusion (within the company, not between the two). Some of this can't be simply written off as a unconscious bias. If you look at the vile tweets that are directed towards Dana Loesch (NRA spokesperson) that result in no action by Twitter and compare that to the policy to suspend accounts of people that are responding to reporters with the hash tag #learntocode and it's pretty clear that it's starting to fall outside the "benefit of doubt" range for me.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump complains about not getting thank you from a dead guy.

Attacking a dead guy many in his party see as a hero. Nice work.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Every time he goes after McCain he gets a little bit smaller. I get he doesn't like him. He's a child that doesn't know when it's best to just not say anything.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

You can't make this stuff up.

Dems are claiming Ivanka and Jared may have broken the law by using private email.

Yes, as the article points out, it's the EXACT SAME THING Hillary was accused of. Now Republicans will start yelling at Troy "But their emails!"

Trump's secretary of defense is now under investigation for favoritism to Boeing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Yes, as the article points out, it's the EXACT SAME THING Hillary was accused of.
Republicans sure have been making a big deal about that for years.