NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

He's got the Zion Williamson down.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Does Kentucky s loss give UNC the 4th #1 seed?
According to one thing I saw today, yes.
[/quote[
I'm going to say this makes sense. Duke is the best team in the nation, imho, with Zion playing. UNC played them to 1 point on a neutral court. UNC has been excellent after getting past the first month or two of the season and the team coalescing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Oregon drubbed Washington int he PAC-12 final, so there's a bid being stolen. Bracketology says NCSU is out now, due to that. And somehow Az State is in the tournament, too.

We'll see
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
At this point, I kinda hope, assuming UNC doesn't win it all, that Oregon does, just to fuck with everyone :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

As soon as they announced Va Tech as a #4 in the same region as Duke, I told Christina that UNC would be a #1... otherwise they would have tried to keep those teams further apart.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU was not a #1 seed. Stunning! A travesty! :D

We're an 11 that plays Iowa State. I wouldn't count on us for the upset.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: OSU was not a #1 seed. Stunning! A travesty! :D

Yeah, no offense... :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Clemson/NCSU/etc in the NIT...

But, uh...
The NIT continues to experiment with rules in its tournament. Some changes in the NIT have eventually seeped its way into the mainstream of college basketball, such as the 30-second shot clock and four-foot restricted-area arc.

The NCAA playing rules process operates on two-year cycles, rule changes can be approved this May, and could be in effect for next season. There will be four rule modifications for the 2019 tournament:

The 3-point line will be extended by approximately 1 foot, 8 inches to the same distance used by FIBA for international competition (22 feet, 1.75 inches).
The free throw lane will be widened from 12 feet to 16 feet, consistent with the width used by the NBA.
The shot clock will reset to 20 seconds after an offensive rebound instead of the full 30 seconds.
Team fouls will reset at the 10-minute mark of each half for the purpose of determining free throws and one-and-one free throws will be eliminated. Teams will shoot two bonus free throws after the fifth team foul of each 10-minute segment. Additionally, teams will be awarded two bonus free throws after the second team foul committed under two minutes remaining in each half if that foul occurs before the fifth team foul of the segment. In each overtime period, team fouls will reset, and teams will shoot two free throws beginning with the fourth team foul or the second team foul committed under two minutes remaining if that comes before the fourth team foul of the overtime period.
This hurt my brain.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: OSU was not a #1 seed. Stunning! A travesty! :D

Yeah, no offense... :)
While it would be fun to meet UNC in the Elite 8, I'm really, really certain that's not going to happen.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

ACC claims top 3 of the AP poll, possible the first time ever that's happened to end the year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I have heard some bitching about that.

I don't really care. It'll all pan out in the tournament. I did, however, suggest to someone that Virginia should be banned from ever getting a #1 seed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I did, however, suggest to someone that Virginia should be banned from ever getting a #1 seed.
Lol. A prove it year for them, certainly.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Troy, Cake, and Catt check your PMs.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

It's 10:43 and I just realized I haven't filled out a bracket yet...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It's 10:43 and I just realized I haven't filled out a bracket yet...
:shock:

I only did a family bracket this year. I used to run the one at work, but got a new job. They do something different. You pick names out of a hat, and get the results of those teams.

Family: We each did 2 brackets (last year everyone went very chalk, so I thought this would help them mix it up). Winner picks dinner + dessert for a family night out
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Got my bracket done. I have Duke vs UNC in the championship game.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Got my bracket done. I have Duke vs UNC in the championship game.
I have that in one.

Who do you having winning, though? :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Not UNC.

A well rested Zion is going to be a tough out.

If I didn't have to pick Duke, I think Gonzaga, Sparty, or UNC would be my pick.