Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It was ok. About what I expected.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Post by Vince »

If PETA had written one of these movies, it would have been this. There weren't any "good guys" in this movie. From the beginning I was hoping everyone would die on the island. Mindless action and entertainment doesn't bother me. Trying to shoehorn some message into this and doing it badly made this movie almost unwatchable for me.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It sucked. Just another rehash of the same shit.

Jeff Goldblum? Check.
Greedy white guys as villains? Check.
Asian scientist that was super nice in the first movie, but now is always inventing new dangerous dinos? Check.
T-Rex? Check.
Raptor? Check.
Those two saving the day? Check.
Scene of T-Rex roaring while coiling his tail? Check.
Dinos in the real world? Check. (Done previously in JPII or III, whichever one it was.)
Little girl from the very first Jurassic Park? Check. (Her clone.)
"Most dangerous killing machine ever" gets killed by unarmed people? Check.

The little girl was pretty good. Dallas Bryce Howard and Chris Pratt were fine. The little auctioneer was just terrible as was the entire plot. Who is paying $10-50M for "weapons" that can easily be killed, but not easily controlled? That old guy really didn't see what was going on in his own home? REALLY? The little girl who explored everywhere and was super nosy never learned anything until it was convenient for the plot?

I watched it and enjoyed the spectacle part, but it was pretty bad.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

This was a second Jurassic World (reboot series) movie?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yep.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Yep.
Guess I'll add it to my biking movie list, but man... I remember no excitement around this one like the 1st JW.
It's not me, it's someone else.