Soccer

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: USWNT has a interesting problem.

They need a fullback badly, and while the best one is available, she hates gays.
Turns out she plays for the local team here, literally in my town.

I don't love her views, but I feel if she's good enough, she should be on the team.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

I need Troy to tell me if we like him or not.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Apparently international soccer has a huge problem with racism.

That's crazy because I've been told only straight white American males are racist.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Ah, his plant foot slid in the turf...
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

USWNT up 8-0 in the 74th minute. Ouch.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: USWNT up 8-0 in the 74th minute. Ouch.
Well, you never know if we'll need those for goal differential...
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

9-0 in the 79th minute...
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

10-0 82nd minute...

I think I just saw Troy wearing a mop on his head score the last one.
Troy

Soccer

Post by Troy »

If there was a Geneva convention for soccer we’d be violating the shit out of it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

13-0 final. Thailand should maybe rethink their soccer strategy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Instant reaction on ESPN:
Well, Thailand isn't a good representative of what the U.S. will face. Now they've set the bar they'll be judged against.

Those two statements contradict one another.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

They’ve set a high bar, but against shitty team. They won’t be able to keep it up like that
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: They’ve set a high bar, but against shitty team. They won’t be able to keep it up like that
I agree, but those statements still contradict one another. I think the writer should have done more to explain their meaning.

That score broke WWC records.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

USMNT beat Trinidad and Tobago 6-0.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: USMNT beat Trinidad and Tobago 6-0.
Revenge against a terrible team we never should have lost to in the first place
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

USWNT beats Spain 2-1!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: USWNT beats Spain 2-1!
Closer than the USA needed, but a win is a win.