Hellboy

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
71-1085092892

Post by 71-1085092892 »

Liked it.

Lots of... logic errors, though. Things that didn't make any sense... even forgiving the entire Occult Wars angle.

I'll prolly purchase the DVD eventually.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I saw it last week on DVD at the in-law's place. It was okay. It's the sort of movie I'd watch on TV if nothing else was on and it was airing, but I probably wouldn't put it in the DVD player if I was bored.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I liked it.

Sure, the plot seemed to be missing some things, but the characters and acting were well done. It left me wondering what was next for the stars, and I consider that a good thing.

I'd give it a 7 out of 10.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
71-1085092892

Post by 71-1085092892 »

The kind of thing that bugged me... and there was a few of these moments... is stuff like when the good guys are underground looking for Sammie. Sammie and Hellboy start fighting, and fall down that long ass shaft. They fall and fall, fighting all the way. They fall for a good 6 or 8 seconds. Then they crash through the roof of a subway station.... just how deep do those subways run, anyway?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

In the same scene, I didn't like how unprepared the agents were at dealing with paranormal stuff. That's their job. You'd think they'd be able to handle anything that comes their way, especially when they have the equipment...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I liked it better when it was called Men In Black. Way too many similarities.

Wasn't a baaaaaad film. But I saw too much MIB and X-Men in it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I liked it better when it was called Men In Black. Way too many similarities.

I could see that, but doesn't that make both rip offs of whatever contained the first odd team that dealt with problems the normal public couldn't?

But I saw too much MIB and X-Men in it.

Considering all three were comics first, that's not a suprise.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Guest wrote:The kind of thing that bugged me... and there was a few of these moments... is stuff like when the good guys are underground looking for Sammie. Sammie and Hellboy start fighting, and fall down that long ass shaft. They fall and fall, fighting all the way. They fall for a good 6 or 8 seconds. Then they crash through the roof of a subway station.... just how deep do those subways run, anyway?
Uh, It's called fantasy. Sometimes you just have to let go and enjoy. If everything in the world was logical it would be boring. I thought it was a creepy, freaky yet an entertaining movie. Nope, alot didn't make sence. But I just let go, tried not to think about or analyze it to much and just chuckled. 7.5 out of 10
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Even though it has its problems, I still like the movie.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."