Shakes & Fidget

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

Shakes & Fidget

Post by Cakedaddy »

I don't know if Idle Heroes is on Steam. I'm guessing not. It's heavy on the micro transactions that are mobile games. I'm having fun with it, but don't jump into it to be able to play with me. I'm not sure we have time for two very low commitment grinder games! But seriously, I have no idea how/if we can get on the same server, etc. IF you do though, let me know. Maybe if we start at the same time, we'll end up on the same server. I would start a new account/character. But again, multi play just means we can send each other hearts that help you create heroes and we can be in the same guild beating on the same boss monster. Not a lot of interaction.
Cakedaddy

Shakes & Fidget

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ummm. Random googling for info led me to the fact that people sell their Idle Heroes accounts on Ebay. My account is probably worth about $20 right now!
Leisher
Site Admin

Shakes & Fidget

Post by Leisher »

Well, now Catt's going to start playing.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Shakes & Fidget

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Well, now Catt's going to start playing.
lol
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Shakes & Fidget

Post by Leisher »

At lvl 50 you start seeing mirror shards. Find all 13 and you can then do missions while your "mirror image" can still do dungeons and the arena.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Shakes & Fidget

Post by Leisher »

Every unlocked achievements gives a +5 bonus to all attributes. If you have 18/50, you get a total bonus of +90 to all attributes for example.
Some of the achievements below are easy, some are for high level-players and some are crazy.
Sometimes an achievement that requires items does not unlock. Unequip an item and equip it again to solve this issue.

Finally 18: reach level 18

Globetrotter: visit all locations in one day. Locations are the 21 regions in the game. Black Forest, Black Water Swamp, Busted Lands, Erogenion, Evernight Forest, Flooded Caldwell, Gnarogrim, Maerwynn, Magmaron, Moldy Forest, Nevermoor, Northrunt, Plains of Oz'Korr, Rotten Lands, Shadowrock Mountain, Skull Island, Split Canyon, Sprawling Jungle, Sunburn Desert, Stumble Steppe, Tusk Mountain.

Dragon Rider: have a Dragon Griffin or Griffin Dragon mount

Naturism: be 24 hours without equipment but in one go! Hint: play as many quests on day 1, then unequip your items. Then equip them again on day 2 and use the remaining hours to do quests. This way, you do not lose gold and XP from quests.

Ri-off Rip-off: beat the Gambler 3 times in a row, either with gold or mushrooms

Heavy Spinner: spin the Wheel 20 times a day

Square Eyes: collect 1,000 Lucky Coins

Lucky Fellow: find 100 mushrooms on quests

Raider: raid 100 fortresses

Invincible: win the first 10 arena fights of the day (the ones you get XP for)

Song of the Blacksmith: hoard 10,000 arcane resources

Sky is the Limit: improve an item 10 times

Miner: mine 100 things

Collecting Mania: scrapbook 90% complete

Anniversary: play for 1 year

For Seven Days: play 7 days in a row

Always On: play 30 days in a row

Reliable: be actively involved in a guild for 10 days...by taking part in guild attacks and defenses and fighting in the guild portal

Elite Guild: reach 5,000 Guild Honor

Big Spender: donate 1,000,000 gold to guild. If your guild bank is full, you need to leave the guild and donate elsewhere. It's the only solution at the moment.

Hero: reach level 100

Elite: reach level 200

Tip of the Iceberg: reach level 300

Superhero: reach level 400

Epic Superhero: reach level 500

Jeweler: have gems in all equipped items

Black Gold: wear only items with black gems

Fashion-conscious: wear 6 items of a set, check out the second post in this thread for the sets of each class

Epic Purist: have only epics equipped

Epic Companions: equip companions with epics only

Alter Ego: cmplete the Magic Mirror

Witchcraft: wear only enchanted items (the Witch enchants your items)

Pet Lover: find the pet nest

Urgent Need: find the Toilet Key, the key to the Arcane Toilet

Shadow World Cruise: defeat the first enemy in Shadow World

Pat Fattening: feed pets 15 times in one day

Animal Trainer: upgrade a pet to level 100

Petshop Boy: reach 5,000 Pet Honor

Cryptozoologist: find all pets

Shroomer: buy mushrooms from the dealer

Storyteller: clear the Tower

Boss of Easteros: clear Easteros (dungeon 14)

Dark Wanderer: clear Demon Portal (single player)

Shadow Player: clear Shadow World

Twister Tamer: clear the Twister

Mule: fully upgrade your backpack (15 slots) and fill them with items. Hint: temporarily unequip your items or use your companions's gear if you don't have enough items in your backpack

King of Kings: reach 5,000 Fortress Honor

The Count: upgrade all buildings to level 15

The King: fully upgrade all buildings

Collect 'Em All: collect all 49 previous achievements
Leisher
Site Admin

Shakes & Fidget

Post by Leisher »

For Fashion-Concious:

Warriors:
Hole-riddled Plank, Full Metal Jacket, Slippers, Grimy Hooves, Cooking Pot, Old Belt

Trashcan Lid, Steel Plate Armor, Rubber Boots, Old Gloves, Steel Hat with Crank, Chain Belt

Wooden Shield, Useful Armor, Leather Boots, New Gloves, Helmet and Cap, Stylish Belt

Iron Shield, Tournament Armor, Plate Boots, Elegant Gloves, Steel Bucket, Warrior's Belt

Warrior's Shield, Pretentious Armor, Pretentious Boots, Chain Gloves, Thorn Helm, Pretentious Belt

Skull Shield, Vanity Armor, Warrior's Boots, Warrior's Gloves, Horn Helm, Thorn Belt

Light Shield, Plate Armor, Knight's Boots, Knight's Gloves, Chaos Helm, Impressive Belt

Heroic Shield, Hero's Armor, Chieftain's Boots, Chieftain's Gloves, Jagged Helm, Designer Belt

Chieftain's Shield, Warrior's Armor, Hero's Boots, Heroic Gloves, Grim Mask, Hero's Belt

Demon Face, Victory Armor, King's Boots, Dragon Choker, Grim Helm, King's Belt

Scouts:
Slingshot, Rags, Slippers, Wristband, Piece of Cloth with a Ribbon, Patched Belt

Toy Bow, Cheap Vest, Smelly Boots, Cloth Gloves, Primitive Hood, Simple Belt

Short Bow, Cute Vest, Hooves, Comfy Gloves, Light Cap, Modest Belt

Crossbow, Hunter Jacket, Solid Shoes, Fur Gloves, Horned Cap, Thorn Belt

Longbow, Serious Armor, Decend Boots, Leather Gloves, Neat Cap, Decent Belt

Hunter Bow, Outdoor Jacket, Nice Boots, Hunting Gloves, Neat Helmet, Quality Belt

War Bow, Stylish Armor, Premium Boots, Reinforced Gloves, Imposing Helmet, Designer Belt

William's Crossbow, Pretentious Armor, Designer Boots, Archer's Gloves, Armored Helmet, Chieftain's Belt

Precision Bow, Designer Armor, Pretentious Boots, Chain Gloves, Superior Helm, Superior Belt

Poison Spreader, Hero's Armor, Hero's Boots, Glory Gloves, Hero's Helmet, Hero's Belt

Mages:
Walking Stick, Pajama, Sandals, Disposable Gloves, Hat, Cord

Zaza's Magic Wand, Smock, Slippers, Cloth Gloves, Hood, Cloth Belt

Crystal Staff, Adept's Robe, Leggings, Leather Gloves, Little Hat, Leather Belt

Root of All Evil, Shirt, Fool's Footwear, Adept's Gloves, Antenna Hat, Adept's Belt

Water Staff, Stylish Shirt, Adept's Boots, Glory Gloves, Adept's Hat, Ornate Belt

Fire Staff, Journeyman's Robe, Journeyman's Boots, Adjutant's Gloves, Journeyman's Hat, Gorgous Belt

Voodoo Staff, Assistant's Robe, Assistant's Boots, Journeyman's Gloves, Assistant's Hat, Journeyman's Belt

Astral Staff, Master's Robe, Master's Boots, Assistant's Gloves, Master's Hat, Assistant's Belt

Evil Finger, Grandmaster's Robe, Grandmaster's Shoes, Master's Gloves, Grandmaster's Hat, Master's Belt

Soul Eater, Uber Robe, Grandmaster's Boots, Grandmaster's Gloves, Grandmaster's Cap, Grandmaster's Belt
Leisher
Site Admin

Shakes & Fidget

Post by Leisher »

FYI, started inviting randoms into the guild the boost our bonus % on XP and gold.
Leisher
Site Admin

Shakes & Fidget

Post by Leisher »

Decent Guide for character build, pets, items, etc.

On my original account, I'm on the #25 ranked guild, rapidly approaching lvl 200, have opened up most of the game, and might be moving to another guild higher on the rankings list soon. (The leader of mine seems to have gone inactive.)

On the account with Cake (different server as well), I'm creeping on lvl 140 and have recruited the FUCK out of solo players and other guilds. That has moved us into the top 90 and we've got two players near 200, which is a rarity.

A few weeks back our biggest gun left our guild. I replaced him by proposing a merger with another guild. Then a week ago I had two more defections and a bunch of inactives. Today I'm having to turn down high leveled folks who want invites. It may crash and burn tomorrow, but I'm proud of what I've achieved via diplomacy with actual human beings and not AI.
Leisher
Site Admin

Shakes & Fidget

Post by Leisher »

They added an "Arena Manager" game that is a ripoff and scaled down version of Adventure Capitalist.

I'll give the developers this, they aren't resting on their laurels. They are constantly putting in new wrinkles.
Leisher
Site Admin

Shakes & Fidget

Post by Leisher »

Hey Cake, I think I'm thisclose to calling it on this game. Thoughts?

The constant recruiting is really taking a toll. Plus, it seems like all the Euro guilds dominate the game. No idea why, but on both servers it's all Germans and whatnot at the top of the leaderboard.

Our guild's membership doesn't seem to contain enough people who play often enough for us to compete. On my other server that guild has members on non-stop, and the guild is top 10. Seriously, nobody gets to <24 hours, let alone <2d.

I think I'll promote a player or two to officer and see if they bring some life to it.
Cakedaddy

Shakes & Fidget

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm not nearly as invested as you are. Hell, I'm sure I'm one of the people dragging the guild down! Way behind in levels. Which I guess is a bit better than an inactive. HOWEVER! I do spend mushrooms on guild boosts here and there (and on the pet). I have no need for them otherwise. I don't speed production or buy items with them. When you are done, I'll be done. But till then, it's something to log into for a few minutes to click on stuff and see what the next milestone is.
Leisher
Site Admin

Shakes & Fidget

Post by Leisher »

My other character is about to hit 300. I'm going to see how I feel after that. I know that right now I'm getting to the point where it's becoming like a job, and that's usually when I stop playing something.
Leisher
Site Admin

Shakes & Fidget

Post by Leisher »

o A new chest! Upgrade your treasury (fortress) from levels 16 to 45 to gain up to 30 additional inventory slots. Once built, click the new icon in the upper-right corner of your avatar to access the chest.
o New dungeon "Nordic Gods". Requirement: level 180 (light), level 280 (shadow), both keys buried in gem mine.
o Advent calendar: 20 doors with little presents. In December you can open one door a day and if you aren't online daily, nothing is lost as you have the entire month to open all of them, with the restriction of 1 door per day.
o 10 new achievements in your scrapbook
o New platinum upgrades for your Arena Manager. Fully upgrade your manager with all money and speed boosts to unlock platinum upgrades for a twice as high money boost!
o No more luck epics in the game!
These updates are actually cool.

Love that they dumped luck items since everyone has it maxed out pretty quickly.

I'm going to ride through December and see where I am with the game in the new year.
Leisher
Site Admin

Shakes & Fidget

Post by Leisher »

Hey Cake, this weekend's event will probably be my last hurrah. I've got hundreds of those things that let you skip mission time, so I figure I'll burn through the weekend's event easily.

My original character is almost lvl 400 and in a top 5 guild. However, I've beaten most of the game. The guild demon portal isn't even active for us anymore. I've essentially hit the end game in the underworld. I've maxed out my fortress. And so on.

I have greatly enjoyed chasing the next achievements and levels, which is really the draw of this type of game, but I've attained most. Now the core war of attrition is the only thing still in my path and I'm not interested in continuing. Mainly because everything is on such a schedule and because the developers clearly have the mushrooms and magic shop designed to try and encourage the purchase of mushrooms. Hell, the only reason I lasted as long as I did is because the app originally had easy offers for tons of free mushrooms.

Plus, back to my original character, nothing is changing on that server. Every guild in the top 10 has been in the same position forever.

And honestly, running a guild is the most exhausting part. If it wasn't for that I could take days off. I've been debating which character to give to someone else. The original or the one running TKV. I'm thinking I'm going to hand off TKV to the guys in Seahawk Nation.

OR just rename the guild, appoint someone else as leader, drop them an email explaining how to stay on top, and then delete my account. Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, my idle gaming will be NGU Idle (solo game with math, charm, and just fucking boatloads of milestones and whatnot) and Firestone Idle. Both can be played actively or very hands off, which is a big step away from the appointment gaming that S&F kind of required. You're welcome to join me there if you also want to have an idle game going to fill time when you're eating lunch or whatever, like me.