Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
thibodeaux

Today in racism

Post by thibodeaux »

These hate hoaxes are actually quite common, but mostly there's no coverage of them after the initial outrage. When the truth finally does out, the party line is always the same: "this particular incident, while not literally true, just illustrates the AWFUL RACISM that POC have to face every day in Amerikkka!"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Truth of what happened is still up for debate... but this is odd.
Earlier Friday, police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said two Nigerian brothers were being treated as "potential suspects" and that detectives had "probable cause that they may have been involved in an alleged crime."
Smollett shared his detailed account of the alleged attack in a Thursday morning interview on "Good Morning America," in which he rejected reports that he said he told police the attackers wore Make America Great Again hats.
"I never said that," he said. "I didn't need to add anything like that. They called me a f****t, they called me a n****r. There's no which way you cut it. I don't need some MAGA hat as the cherry on some racist sundae."
Black people racist against other black people?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Black people are abso-fucking-lutely racist against black people. Ghetto blacks vs suburb blacks. The black people vs niggers bit Chris Rock had was pretty factual. Not to mention black people are very bigoted based upon the darkness of one's skin. The darker you are, the more they are bigoted against you.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Attack is falling apart. Smollett still claims it's real.
The two men were arrested Wednesday. Police on Friday said the men were being viewed as "potential suspects" and that detectives had "probable cause that they may have been involved in an alleged crime."
But by Friday night they had been released, Guglielmi said, "due to new evidence as a result of today's investigations."
"And detectives have additional investigative work to complete," he added.
"It feels like if I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more," Smollett said. "And that says a lot about the place where we are as a country right now."
Vince

Today in racism

Post by Vince »

I think it's getting hard to dispute the label of "fake news" at this point.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: "It feels like if I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more," Smollett said. "And that says a lot about the place where we are as a country right now."
It does, just not what you think.

You are a monumental piece of shit as a human being. All signs point to you intentionally fanning the flames of racism and bigotry for your own personal gain. Go fuck yourself.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Today in racism

Post by Vince »

“Suppose one reads a story of filthy atrocities in the paper. Then suppose that something turns up suggesting that the story might not be quite true, or not quite so bad as it was made out. Is one's first feeling, 'Thank God, even they aren't quite so bad as that,' or is it a feeling of disappointment, and even a determination to cling to the first story for the sheer pleasure of thinking your enemies are as bad as possible? If it is the second then it is, I am afraid, the first step in a process which, if followed to the end, will make us into devils. You see, one is beginning to wish that black was a little blacker. If we give that wish its head, later on we shall wish to see grey as black, and then to see white itself as black. Finally we shall insist on seeing everything -- God and our friends and ourselves included -- as bad, and not be able to stop doing it: we shall be fixed for ever in a universe of pure hatred.”

― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

CNN opinion piece about how to cure racism that is just loaded with racism and bigotry.

Can we all just agree that whitey is the problem? I mean, imagine a place where only black people lived and ruled. It'd probably be a utopia. Too bad there's nowhere on Earth like that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Vince

Today in racism

Post by Vince »

Click through this guy's tweet thread. Pretty mind boggling list he's put together.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Attack is falling apart. Smollett still claims it's real.
The two men were arrested Wednesday. Police on Friday said the men were being viewed as "potential suspects" and that detectives had "probable cause that they may have been involved in an alleged crime."
But by Friday night they had been released, Guglielmi said, "due to new evidence as a result of today's investigations."
"And detectives have additional investigative work to complete," he added.
"It feels like if I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more," Smollett said. "And that says a lot about the place where we are as a country right now."
Smollett now a suspect
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Charged with a felony.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Arrested and maintaining his innocence.

He needs to come clean.
One of the men has appeared on "Empire," Guglielmi said. A police source also told CNN the men had a previous affiliation with Smollett but did not provide additional details.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Police say Smollett paid $3,500 to stage the attack
Jussie Smollett was reportedly unsatisfied with his salary on "Empire" and paid $3,500 to stage the attack on himself, according to police superintendent Eddie Johnson.

He added that Smollett sen[d] a "false letter that relied on racial, homophobic and political language."
Surveillance video from Jan. 28 obtained from a Chicago-area beauty supply store appears to show the two men connected to the incident purchasing a ski mask, sunglasses, a red hat and other items the day before the alleged assault.

They paid for the items in cash, according to the owner, who did not want to be identified.
Cakedaddy

Today in racism

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: They paid for the items in cash, according to the owner, who did not want to be identified.
Cause there's no way they'd remember where they bought them to figure out it was him/her.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

WARNING: The video below is not safe for work.

I can't find the actual video, but someone on the interwebs is posting this as the Jussie Smollett attack video:
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

lol. That was a pretty good scene from that movie.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Fox considering "options" for Smollett. I told my wife earlier that he should be fired.
Smollett's bond set at $100,000 and he must surrender his passport
Jussie Smollett's bond was set at $100,000 and the actor must surrender his passport.

Smollett appeared in front of State of Illinois Circuit Court of Cook County Judge John Fitzgerald Lyke Jr., moments ago.

"Empire" actor Jussie Smollett gave the two brothers connected to the staged attack $100 to buy supplies, according to text message read in court.

Prosecutors said Smollett asked the brothers to stage the attack, and directed the brothers on what to say, including the MAGA comments. The staged attack lasted 45-seconds. At least a minute later, the brothers are seen catching a ride to leave the scene, prosecutors said.

Police said surveillance video from a beauty supply store captured the day before the assault, appears to show the brothers purchasing a ski mask, sunglasses, a red hat and other items. They paid for the items in cash, according to the owner.

Smollett was seen taking a deep breath as prosecutors continued to read the text messages in court.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Apologizes to the cast and crew, but maintains his innocence.

I mean, he was sitting in court while the prosecutor was reading HIS FUCKING TEXTS PLANNING THE ATTACK.

How delusional is this guy?

In other racisms...

Virginia school in trouble for having kids reenact the underground railroad.