Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

He's back on CNN's front page (although the farthest from the headlines as possible) as his medical school finds tons of other inappropriate pictures in their old yearbooks. (Not just his inappropriate photo.)

Here's the best part:
Dr. William Elwood, who worked with others on the layout for the 1984 yearbook, told CNN that photos for personal pages were chosen by the individual student.
He fucking picked that photo to be displayed!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: He fucking picked that photo to be displayed!
I assumed that from the beginning. We had something similar in our HS for the graduating seniors.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Today in racism

Post by Vince »

Latest is VA AG has a picture in blackface floating around as well. Twitter has been very entertaining...
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Liam Neeson admits wanting "racist revenge" at one point in his life.

This is a strange story. Why say anything about this publicly? Seems like it has more potential to get you in trouble than not. However, it's a great example of how people develop bias.
Called it. Neeson is doing TV show circuits to explain that he isn't racist because people are now calling him racist.

Virginia's situation is so important CNN has labeled it "Virginia in crisis and is giving it live updates. However, they still buried it in the third column of their site.

I guess him being a Democrat really kills its worthiness as news. Anyway, he's again back to admitting it was him.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Today in racism

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:I guess him being a Democrat really kills its worthiness as news. Anyway, he's again back to admitting it was him.
He knows he's safe. The 4th in line is a Republican. All will be forgiven.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Black guy now defending himself because his comments on Neeson seems like a defense of him.

This is why things don't get better. Discussion is pointless and impossible.
thibodeaux

Today in racism

Post by thibodeaux »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 780496002/
the employee proceeded to tell me that the shoe was also made of cotton
What do you expect from Krauts?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Black girl hilariously finds out she's white and proceeds to display her bigotry.

FF to 5:00 on the nose to see her finding out. Also, some of the comments are hilarious.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

I'm haplogroup H, too. Well, this only means she's at least a tiny bit white. Just means way down she has a white (who knows how many great) grandmother.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

According to her mom they "just started being black four generations ago". It's later in the video after she's calmed down.
Vince

Today in racism

Post by Vince »

I remember a story a few months back where they were doing free ancestry tests on blacks in the NYC area (I think it was) and a lot of folks were pretty pissed. Many were finding out that not only did they have white ancestry, but they were predominately of white ancestry. It can play on a person's psyche. I think our view of our ancestry will change now that we have these tests and are probably only 10 to 20 years from these being part of everyones medical history.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Do these people think human life started in different places? We're ALL related.

Their racial identity playing such a huge part in their life would seem to imply they're quite racist.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Do these people think human life started in different places? We're ALL related.

Their racial identity playing such a huge part in their life would seem to imply they're quite racist.
Yeah I don't get it. It's never been a big thing in our family. But hey, that's just my white privilege, right?
Vince

Today in racism

Post by Vince »

We haven't just evolved physically. We've evolved mentally. Those humans that banded together and felt greater loyalty to their tribe survived. And they reproduced. And that feeling of tribal loyalty has been strengthened for thousands of years.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Louisiana cops wore blackface in the past to fool drug buyers.
To me that's not blackface. That's just makeup.
Leisher wrote: We missed the hubbub over the Gucci clothing that resembled blackface to people who see racism everywhere.
See, now that is blackface.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: See, now that is blackface.
I have to admit, the red circle around the lips pretty much seals the deal.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: See, now that is blackface.
I have to admit, the red circle around the lips pretty much seals the deal.
I just feel like people need to understand intent/impact/etc, rather than "any darkening makeup is racist"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Gay black actor attacked in Chicago a little while ago, or maybe not?
Investigators believe Jussie Smollett and the non-cooperating witnesses in last month’s alleged attack of the Empire actor “potentially staged the attack,” a source with intimate knowledge of the investigation tells CBS 2 Investigator Brad Edwards.

Chicago police raided the home of two “persons of interest” Wednesday night, a relative of those men says.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Holy shit! Called it!

My wife was watching one of those morning shows when this first was reported, and I told her something sounded suspicious about it.