Blizzard

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Not sure if I posted this elsewhere, but if you go to their site's store, they're having a sale.

Diablo III and Starcraft 2 stuff on sale and WoW is $5.

Once again, WoW is $5...just pointing that out. Not sure if there's a monthly fee or not, but just putting that out there.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

I bought the Diablo 3 expansion half off.

They seem to have fixed a lot of the original issues i had with the game on release. Also the new Crusader class is fun. Will try to eventually finish it this time.

Edited By Troy on 1417459139
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

I've been playing Diablo 3 a bunch lately. The base game with the Reaper of Souls expansion are on sale for $20 right now. Not sure for how long, but great deal for this game.

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/d ... ttle-chest
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by Leisher »

Requires the Blizzard desktop app
Ugh.

I already won't buy anything from EA Origin. I begrudgingly use UPlay and it sucks. Don't get me started on MS's horseshit entry.

I love Blizzard's games, but fuck every company putting out their own distribution software. They have the right to muddy up the marketplace (and our PCs), of course, but I don't have to opt in.

If not for that, I'd buy it right now.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

https://www.destinythegame.com/battlenet

Destiny 2 is free until Nov 18. Never played it but i think its normally a $40 game.

80GB install is rather large though.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Blizzard

Post by Cakedaddy »

I thought it was a temporary free play thing. But it's not. You get the game forever.

I downloaded and tried it out. Pretty addictive. I was just farming spawn and getting weapons/levels. Lots of shooting and plenty of ammo. Some weapons, ammo is a concern. But for the most part, it's a constant shoot fest. It's all co-op against monster spawns so far. Looks like everyone gets their own loot, so there's not fighting over it. Haven't played with the PVP arena thing yet. Not sure I will.

I'm not sure what the point of the game is yet, other than kills stuff. But I like the feel of the game, the aiming, etc. NOT realistic, so lots of headshots. I definitely feel a Halo vibe while play it. I like Halo too.

Thumbs up for a free game.
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

Cool, maybe i'll give it a shot. I've heard its pretty similar to Warframe which i liked alot, but playing solo all the time got a little boring to me. Having someone to run and gun with would make that game much better, probably the same with Destiny 2. Also, if its like Halo thats cool, i liked Halo lots too.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Blizzard

Post by Cakedaddy »

There's a story in Destiny, but I only did about 4 of the missions. I just kept killing the spawn in the city area.

Not sure what the multi will be like. We just kill the same spawn in the city over and over? That's pretty much all I was doing. Sounds boring. But, so do a lot of games that hook you and you end up doing repetitive things for hours. I kept going up in levels and getting new gear. Then I'd think "I wonder how this stuff will do against that spawn". Then I'd find new stuff and think "How will THIS stuff work against it". Etc. MANY hours later, I had to stop because I had to get up for work in 2 hours.
Leisher
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by Leisher »

So this is just Diablo?
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: So this is just Diablo?
Its a FPS so that alone makes them completely different games, but they are both grinder/looters. I'd say its a mix between Halo and Borderlands but with RPG elements where you level up and pick from class trees and collect items and craft them.

I've never played Destiny 2 but its commonly compared to Warframe which i played quite a bit of.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Blizzard

Post by Cakedaddy »

I would say it's closer to Serious Sam than Diablo. Serious Sam had a story, but it was all about the killing. That's what I'm getting from Destiny 2 right now. I'm told there is much more to it than what I've seen. One person who played it, then immediately bought the expansions, thought I was crazy for sitting in the same area killing shit for 7 hours straight.

Can't help it. It was fun!
Leisher
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by Leisher »

Laying off 8% of their workforce.

Hiring 20% more developers only on their biggest hits, which will be their focus.

Thankfully, we still have indy developers. Without them, this would signal that the industry is following Hollywood's lead of "only make tent pole" franchises.

This part really got my attention:
Although the company posted record sales in the fourth quarter and in all of 2018, CEO Robert Kotick noted that the company's performance nevertheless failed to live up to the company's expectations.
That's got to be a kick in the dick.

"Hey, last year was our best year ever! You're fired!"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Well, it's not about sales, it's about margin/profit...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/0 ... employees/

As always some big wig CFO gets paid handsomely through all of this..
These layoffs come just weeks after Activision’s new CFO Dennis Durkin was awarded $15 million as part of his new appointment. Although the correlation between the two can be disputed, it’s hard to see it as anything more than a resounding “fuck you” to the employees that have contributed to the company’s success, especially considering the layoffs themselves have been rumored for a while now.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: As always some big wig CFO gets paid handsomely through all of this..
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a CEO just cuz of stuff like this.

You either succeed and make a lot of money, or you fail and make a lot of money.
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: When I was a kid, I wanted to be a CEO just cuz of stuff like this.

You either succeed and make a lot of money, or you fail and make a lot of money.

Right, i mean i can see where a company would hire someone they think could help turn things around for them and pay them well for doing so.

But that dude already got paid, so if he fails then what?.. He's already rich, who cares.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by Leisher »

That's my biggest issue with the system right now.

I've no problem with the guys at the top making bank.

I do have a problem with them making bank while driving up prices, laying people off, operating on a skeleton crew, making cheap/broken products, etc.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: I've been playing Diablo 3 a bunch lately. The base game with the Reaper of Souls expansion are on sale for $20 right now. Not sure for how long, but great deal for this game.

Finally playing Diablo 3 now. Decided my wife and I could play it together. But then we played a little in front of our kids cuz it's not that graphic/violent, imho. So then they wanted to play. Hmmm. 8 and 12.

My 8 year old loves it.

It's kinda fun, but the auto-healing stuff is a little weird, and I've only died once, and we're halfway through Act 3, on Extreme (3rd of 5 difficulty levels)

I find it strangely hard to figure out if I'm getting hurt, because I get hurt significantly so infrequently.
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote:
Stranger wrote: I've been playing Diablo 3 a bunch lately. The base game with the Reaper of Souls expansion are on sale for $20 right now. Not sure for how long, but great deal for this game.

Finally playing Diablo 3 now. Decided my wife and I could play it together. But then we played a little in front of our kids cuz it's not that graphic/violent, imho. So then they wanted to play. Hmmm. 8 and 12.

My 8 year old loves it.

It's kinda fun, but the auto-healing stuff is a little weird, and I've only died once, and we're halfway through Act 3, on Extreme (3rd of 5 difficulty levels)

I find it strangely hard to figure out if I'm getting hurt, because I get hurt significantly so infrequently.
i've been playing it again myself too, season 17 just started a week or so ago and i've got a level 65 demon hunter i'm playing right now. But you are way wrong on only 5 difficulty levels. i think after you hit level 60 or 70 all of the torment difficulties open up, so if your playing expert you are basically on the 3 easiest of 20 difficulty levels.

https://d3resource.com/difficulties/

If your having to easy of a time turn it up, you will be singing another tune after that.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!