NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Someone bet $250 on the Rams to score just 3 points and got 400 to 1 odds.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:

Worst Super Bowl ever.
I was at a fun bar with my friends, which jades things a little bit, but I really thought it was a good defensive Superbowl.

Was it as good as 2003 when the Panthers lost to the Pats on the last second field goals? No. But it was entertaining and I love how in a season of offenses running amok, the Superbowl was a low scoring defense fest. And both defenses were laying some WOOD.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Just got an email that I won the first quarter in the office squares. I had 0-0.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

NFL Predictions: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2588 ... veon-foles

Including, Browns win the North.

!RmindMe 12/30/2019
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I agree 100% that the Browns will win the AFC North. If they don't Kitchens needs to be fired immediately.

Whomever signs Bell will ultimately regret it.

Brown claims (privately) he'll never play for Pittsburgh again. Steelers may tag Bell again. Steelers working on a new contract for Shazier.

Yes, that Shazier. That's pretty cool.

Brown will be 31 when the next season starts. He's under a really good contract for the next few years. The Steelers don't have to do anything. That being said, if they dump his contract and get some picks, I'd be ok with that. They're not going anywhere as long as Tomlin is there anyway.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Bengals hire Rams QB coach as their head coach.

Interesting choice. Kind of out of nowhere. I've never heard anything about this guy.

Black guys make subtle threats to president, also are a bit racist.

Imagine if it was Edelman saying he won't go visit Obama, and gives a shout out to Bush. I'm betting it'd be getting reported a bit differently.

Goff being scapegoated?

Relax, Big Ben wasn't amazing in his first two Super Bowls, Manning didn't light the world on fire in his last one, and Brady sucked in this last one. One game doesn't define a career.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: I agree 100% that the Browns will win the AFC North. If they don't Kitchens needs to be fired immediately.
While i agree that the Browns have gained alot of ground on the AFC North, but to discount Pittsburgh and Baltimore that easily is not such a good idea.

Lets be honest here, brand new first time head coach and all new defensive staff will make for some adjusting. The Browns will not sneak up on any team next year, and lets see how they handle some prime time games, there are still lots for the Browns to prove.

And.. if they gave Hue Jackson 2 1/2 years going 3-36-1 then Freddy will surly get that.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: And.. if they gave Hue Jackson 2 1/2 years going 3-36-1 then Freddy will surly get that.
They didn't give that to Chud.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: They didn't give that to Chud.
That was one year after Jimmy bought the team, he was hiring and firing coaches and GMs on a yearly basis and earned a bad reputation around the league for doing so.

He held onto Hue too long because he wanted to change that reputation. I feel like unless the team falls completely on their face (which can't be any worse than Hue's record) Freddy will get 3 years minimum. Which nowadays in the NFL is about the norm.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

That's fair.

I still say the Browns, easily, win the AFC North next year.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: I still say the Browns, easily, win the AFC North next year.
From your lips to God's ear!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

If that NFL 100 ad went too fast, here's a breakdown of who was in it.

Seeing some of the stills in that article makes me appreciate that ad even more.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: If that NFL 100 ad went too fast, here's a breakdown of who was in it.

Seeing some of the stills in that article makes me appreciate that ad even more.
Yeah, my wife was like "This would be amazing if I knew who these people were"

I said "This is pretty amazing" but I didn't know who the girl was. That's was super cool once I found out yesterday.

The Dolphins drinking champagne was a nice touch.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Saints fans maybe too serious.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Murray commits to the NFL
Murray did not mention baseball or the A's at all in his statement. Murray will return $1.29 million of the $1.5 million signing bonus money the A's gave him last year, a source told ESPN's Jeff Passan. He forfeits the remaining $3.16 million, due March 1. The A's will put him on the restricted list and retain Murray's rights, but they don't get a compensatory draft pick.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Breaking: Browns sign Kareem Hunt
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Murray commits to the NFL
I wonder if he'll show up to the combine. His height is going to be a big question mark.
Stranger wrote: Breaking: Browns sign Kareem Hunt
Being sincere, the Browns are the right team to grab him. Nobody is more desperate for winning, and thus, would be willing to overlook the off field stuff. Plus, he has the "homegrown" story.