The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote: So why is he even asking to speak at the Covington graduation ceremony?
He wasn't. He was banned from another school in the Covington diocese. Also in the article.
So this has what to do with the kids in question? That's my point. This is pure evil the lengths they are going to in order to try to paint this kids into the narrative of their choosing.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote: So why is he even asking to speak at the Covington graduation ceremony?
He wasn't. He was banned from another school in the Covington diocese. Also in the article.
So this has what to do with the kids in question? That's my point. This is pure evil the lengths they are going to in order to try to paint this kids into the narrative of their choosing.
The PoV of the article is: Here's another kid under the same diocese and here's how it treated him.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:The PoV of the article is: Here's another kid under the same diocese and here's how it treated him.
The diocese in question has thus far thrown the DC kids under the bus. They've backed off a tad and are now saying they're investigating (before it was a straight up condemnation). Again, what does this have to do with the incident in DC?
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Especially since they are giving zero fucks about the shady and questionable background of the asshole Indian with the drum.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Gilette parody ad involving the Catholic kids wearing the MAGA hats. Not that well done as an "ad" or parody, but I wanted to post it because I have a serious question for the MSM (after the video).

So why is this the first time I've seen this video? Why was the story about the second pretty much buried immediately while the original video lived on these news sites for a week? Why is this the first time I've seen the faces of the black guys screaming racial slurs at the kids and threatening them with violence? Why is nobody discussing (and props to CNN for actually asking the stolen valor question on air...but not on their site) how the Indian guy is a drug user, has a record, claims to have been IN Vietnam when he was actually an AC repairman at a base in Utah or something, has been involved in other controversial moments like this one, why he was in that kid's face hammering the drum, etc.? Why was the kid asked to apologize, but not the racist black guys or the Indian guy?

"Unbiased"
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Kid's white. Next question?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Kid's white. Next question?
Right, like did Leisher even see the kid's hat?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

White = villain.

Male = Rapist villain.

Maga hat = History's greatest villains, undeserving of consideration as a human being.

And just look at his smile. So aggressive.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: And just look at his smile. So aggressive.
Did you watch the video where the reporter interviewing him suggests him standing there was really aggressive?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Some people criticize me for my almost complete disconnect from politics, and "news."

"You've got to know what's going on in the world," they say.

I think people who follow "news" have a much more skewed perception of reality than I do.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I think people who follow "news" have a much more skewed perception of reality than I do.
I know people who watch one channel or the other exclusively, and it always amazes me how often they aren't aware about certain details of stories.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Cnn gave me a chuckle this morning with how they ordered stories.

First headline in the economy area:
Employers need to hire more people than ever

The very next headline:
Fortnite effect strikes again: Activision lays off 8% of its workforce
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

UnderArmor CEO has a relationship with MSNBC anchor and let's her make decisions about how the company is run.

This media member advised him to leave the Trump business group to protest Trump's reaction to Charlottesville. "Unbiased"
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: UnderArmor CEO has a relationship with MSNBC anchor and let's her make decisions about how the company is run.

This media member advised him to leave the Trump business group to protest Trump's reaction to Charlottesville. "Unbiased"
To MSNBC's credit, they don't really claim to be unbiased. I think that's why they're also pounding CNN into the dirt. At this point the people that go to CNN seem to be the ones that want to pretend they're fair, but only if they're being fed the narrative they want.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

My biggest problem is that reporters are becoming the news.

On any given day there will be multiple CNN headlines where one of their talking heads' opinions will be reported as news. (They all do this, not just CNN.) That's a horrifically bad trend.

The MSM should never create or be the focus of the news.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: My biggest problem is that reporters are becoming the news.
That's because they're motivated by "making a difference" and "bringing about change" rather than reporting the news and doing investigations.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: That's because they're motivated by "making a difference" making a profit.
I fixed that for you.

I could also be persuaded to add "and control the populace" (or manipulate voters).
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN has a headline opinion piece claiming Fox News's treatment of Trump is the closest we've ever come to state run media.

The author, a professor at the University of Virginia, (I know, you're shocked a professor wrote it) clearly is pretty bigoted and biased herself or was in a coma during Obama's 8 years. I guess during her research she missed all the studies proving that the MSM was reporting positive stories on Barrack at an unnatural rate. I guess she also avoided the studies that have been done, by non-partisan groups, showing how negative Trump's coverage has been.

I don't know that I've ever seen a better "pot calling the kettle black" example.