The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump denies Pelosi military aircraft for war zone trip

That's the headline CNN gives you. It's a bit disingenuous.

Turns out, Pelosi had this trip scheduled and had recently told him to postpone the SOTU speech until after the shutdown is over. He responded by cancelling her trip "until the shutdown was over". (Don't tell anyone or they may get fired, but CNN actually gives him props for this "tit for tat" move.)

I'd love to say hold more elections now and let's get rid of all these idiots, but you know our moronic countrymen...sorry, countrywomen and others, would just vote them all back into office.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Amusing.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Buzzfeed claims the all knowing "sources" have told them Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress. CNN is there to help you finish as you read about it.

Let's be honest, it's got to be in writing or on video. If it's someone's word, it means nothing. It's just a way to get clicks from the rabid folks who want nothing more than Trump to be removed as if that will somehow have any affect on their day to day lives.

Every day when I open CNN I think to myself, "What will they be attacking dum-dum about today?"

I miss news.

Although, props to CNN (twice in as many days) for this headline opinion piece calling Trump and Pelosi children.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:Although, props to CNN (twice in as many days) for this headline opinion piece calling Trump and Pelosi children.
Meh... when it was just Nancy doing it, she had just pulled a major power move on Donald Trump's State of the Union. So it appears the network's desire to slam Trump takes a higher priority than defending the Democrat in this instance, thus the change of narrative.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: Meh... when it was just Nancy doing it, she had just pulled a major power move on Donald Trump's State of the Union. So it appears the network's desire to slam Trump takes a higher priority than defending the Democrat in this instance, thus the change of narrative.
Read my post three posts above yours.

They gave him credit for countering her SotU move with canceling her trip.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

I just wish we could get rid of all of them.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I just wish we could get rid of all of them.
Seconded.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Buzzfeed claims the all knowing "sources" have told them Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress. CNN is there to help you finish as you read about it.
This was so bad that even Mueller has come out and said it's a false story. The press may not be the enemy of the people, but they're certainly the enemy of truth.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Trump probably shouldn't legitimize a guy just because a good chunk of the population hates the other guy.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I think pretty much everyone that is not a totalitarian regime has recognized the new guy as the interim president.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I meant that as a pot/kettle thing.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: I meant that as a pot/kettle thing.
I wondered if maybe that was in there :-)
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Roger Stone arrested
Roger Stone has been indicted by a grand jury on charges brought by special counsel Robert Mueller, who alleges that the longtime Donald Trump associate sought stolen emails from WikiLeaks that could damage Trump's opponents at the direction of "a senior Trump Campaign official."

The indictment's wording does not say who on the campaign knew about Stone's quest, but makes clear it was multiple people. This is the first time prosecutors have alleged they know of additional people close to the President who worked with Stone as he sought out WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Not shedding any tears over Stone. I've always thought he was a douche bag. This was why I warned other conservatives about nominating a man with such obvious poor character. No one honest will be shocked that's he surrounded himself with people of very bad character throughout his life.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: I've always thought he was a douche bag.
They're all douchebags. I wish we could do a "no confidence" vote on the president, VP, and Congress.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Word is temporary 3 week spending bill passing now or soon
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Which means a longer deal passing after 3 weeks. Trump caved. Pelosi is freakin' King Kong right now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Which means a longer deal passing after 3 weeks. Trump caved. Pelosi is freakin' King Kong right now.
Sadly, it means the SotU will be everywhere next week, too, I bet.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Which means a longer deal passing after 3 weeks. Trump caved. Pelosi is freakin' King Kong right now.
Trump's fault for offering to take the blame for the shutdown. I mean, talk about giving away the game before it starts.