The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: 2/3. So the war on drugs switches to a war on illegals? I feel like that would be just as big a waste of time/money. Don't jail drug offenders, but jail 'employers'? Both are just as detrimental to society as the other. Plus, legalizing weed isn't going to cause a huge pile of money to appear because all the problems of weed go away. Weed will always cost us a fuckton because people can't take care of themselves.
Not employers, politicians. Politicians make laws that allow the illegals to exist within a system not built for them. (And despite the lies, not paid for by them.)

The point is to eliminate the appeal for people to come here and NOT work (IE: Sit around, collect checks, and vote Democrat). I honestly couldn't give a shit about people coming here to actually work, but if they're staying we need to force them to seek citizenship and join our society, not live here without the need for citizenship, the language, following the laws, etc.

You'd be surprised at how much money legalizing weed would save. Not just from the sale and taxation, of it or the elimination of law enforcement budgets and cost of crime related to it, but do you have idea how much it costs to house marijuana offenders? You know why prohibition hasn't been attempted again? Until you ban alcohol, the argument for banning weed doesn't hold water.
GORDON wrote: Also maybe annex the rest of Mexico.
I've thought about that as well. Just fucking invade and call it a day.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, I'm still nowhere near convinced that weed is a bigger drain on the country than is alcohol and tobacco. Last time I looked the estimated damage was something like 1:5, all illegal drugs : to alcohol and tobacco. And I'd like to see some numbers from weed-legal states, see if less money was spent on whisky, when weed was legalized. See if people switched from drunk driving and liver damage, to sitting on the couch with the munchies.

Anyway, yes, we should invade Mexico. The Marines have already been there, and even gave it a line in their song.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

The First Trump term.

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: You'd be surprised at how much money legalizing weed would save. Not just from the sale and taxation, of it or the elimination of law enforcement budgets and cost of crime related to it
I challenge you to find ANY real numbers. Sure, you can go to High Times and they'll probably have loads and loads of info on how much money the communities make from the drug. But they are also the ones that said weed is good as medicine. It's not. Hemp is. They twist the narrative to get what they want. And that's to get high.

I believe that weed, along with alcohol and tobacco are a HUGE drain on society and no matter how much you tax or regulate it, it costs us more than it brings in. AALLLLL the health issues related to them that the tax payers support. I'd be fine with giving up my alcohol. But I don't support adding to the load because something else that's bad is legal. We just gonna keep piling up the wrongs trying to make things right?!

The only way I support the legalization of ANY drug is if those that chose to do them have to support themselves. But as long as I have to support the fucktards that tard out on the shit and can't pay their own bills forcing me to. . . .I say no. I'd rather pay to jail them than pay to keep them housed and on the streets. Either way, I'm supporting them. I'd rather it be in jail.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I hear all these arguments about the wall not being completely effective, and I don't disagree. I don't see any difference in that argument and the argument against car thieves. A determined car thief will steal your car, yet we don't leave our keys in the ignition and the doors unlocked when we go to the store. To me the idea is to deter a percentage of the people crossing over. Would a wall weed out families with 5 and 6 year olds because of trouble getting them over the wall? Does a wall maybe tell families that have been told the US wants them to come and has jobs for them that maybe they were lied to?

I don't think a wall is a cure all, but I'd like to see if by building it we can funnel the flow to other areas and decrease the overall amount of attempted crossings. If we can do either of those, we can make the manpower we have on patrolling the border much more effective.

As far as the money, a one shot $5 billion is almost a rounding error in US government budgeting. I've spent 30 years bitching about how much money the government spends that we don't have and that issue has only gone the other way from "getting better". If they're going to piss away our kids' futures, I'd rather they do it on something that I believe in.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Cakedaddy

The First Trump term.

Post by Cakedaddy »

Is there any evidence that 5 billion is even going to be enough? Have we factored into that the government is stupid and things always cost 10-50 times more than they think it will or should? Hello health care exchange website.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote: Is there any evidence that 5 billion is even going to be enough? Have we factored into that the government is stupid and things always cost 10-50 times more than they think it will or should? Hello health care exchange website.
They could build five entire websites with five billion.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Cakedaddy wrote: Is there any evidence that 5 billion is even going to be enough? Have we factored into that the government is stupid and things always cost 10-50 times more than they think it will or should? Hello health care exchange website.
Neither side is serious about curbing spending. Not sure that's a valid argument anymore. Especially since it only seems to want to be applied when a proposal comes from one party. From the press, I mean.
Cakedaddy

The First Trump term.

Post by Cakedaddy »

I wasn't arguing that the government is trying to save money or curb spending. I'm not THAT naive. I'm saying that 5 billion isn't going to be enough. We won't get a wall for 5 billion. Unless we consider any amount of concrete in a vertical shape, a wall. In other words, the whole border won't be walled for 5 billion.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

What does a mile of 4-lane interstate cost... something like 10 million? SO possibly good point.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: I wasn't arguing that the government is trying to save money or curb spending. I'm not THAT naive. I'm saying that 5 billion isn't going to be enough. We won't get a wall for 5 billion. Unless we consider any amount of concrete in a vertical shape, a wall. In other words, the whole border won't be walled for 5 billion.
Oh yeah, he's said it'll take $20bn or so, $5bn is a starting point.

Fox News opinion piece says $25Bn is a better estimate
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Cakedaddy wrote: I wasn't arguing that the government is trying to save money or curb spending. I'm not THAT naive. I'm saying that 5 billion isn't going to be enough. We won't get a wall for 5 billion. Unless we consider any amount of concrete in a vertical shape, a wall. In other words, the whole border won't be walled for 5 billion.
I agree with that. I honestly don't know if we'd have to wall off the entire thing. I know some of the border is so inhospitable that it'd kind of take care of itself. But start with the areas that need it and expand from there as called for.

I'm having more and more trouble understanding the opposition to it the more it's talked about.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump fed the Clemson Tigers fast food on his own dime due to the shutdown. The kids loved it.

The MSM, which isn't at all biased, is everywhere telling you this is an embarrassment and Trump has no class.

At what point is it fair to say NOTHING he does will ever be praised by the left? To be fair, pretty sure Obama got the same treatment from the right, but they don't control the MSM, just FOX.

This is our political system. We're so lucky.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

The Washington Post actually fact checked Trump's tweet that they served a stack of hamburgers "a mile high".

No amount of "fake news" claims and tweets would ever diminish the press as much as the press has diminished themselves.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

I find that funny, in a non-partisan way.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: The Washington Post actually fact checked Trump's tweet that they served a stack of hamburgers "a mile high".
If that is true, and wasn't done in a humorous way, they should immediately have all their press credentials revoked.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:
Vince wrote: The Washington Post actually fact checked Trump's tweet that they served a stack of hamburgers "a mile high".
If that is true, and wasn't done in a humorous way, they should immediately have all their press credentials revoked.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 501967796a

Who can tell anymore what's supposed to be serious? It is in the "Politics / Analysis" section, so take it for what it's worth.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

"No collusion" turns into "Trump did not collude with the Russians to hack the DNC"
"I never said there was no collusion between the campaign, or people in the campaign," Giuliani said.
He added, "I said the President of the United States. There is not a single bit of evidence the President of the United States committed the only crime you can commit here, conspiring with the Russians to hack the DNC."
It's another remarkable statement from Giuliani, given that the President and his supporters have repeatedly denied any collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. A person familiar with the matter told CNN last week that Manafort, while serving as Trump's campaign chairman, tried to send internal polling data from the Trump campaign with two Kremlin-supporting Ukrainian oligarchs through his associate Konstantin Kilimnik, a Russian national who is linked to Russian intelligence.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Saw someone, I think Cruz, tweet that nobody outside Washington cares about possible Russia connections. Of course, thousands responded back from around the states and the world claiming to care. I was sick and not in the mood to have my Twitter attacked or I would have responded, "I care, but I also cared when the Chinese bought the White House."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump + Pence: ISIS has been defeated in Syria.

ISIS: Kills 4 Americans, injures 3 more, in Syria.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Trump + Pence: ISIS has been defeated in Syria.

ISIS: Kills 4 Americans, injures 3 more, in Syria.
FFS they are so stupid. Going to take generations to defeat an enemy that sits around spouting their propaganda based upon religion in a region where people, literally, have nothing else to do but listen.

In other news:
Cohen rigged polls.

He failed, obviously, but it led to this comedy:
In a statement to CNN Thursday, Cohen said his actions were "at the direction of and for the sole benefit of Donald J. Trump. I truly regret my blind loyalty to a man who doesn't deserve it."
and creating a Twitter account called "@WomenForCohen" that "praised (Cohen's) looks and character, and promoted his appearances and statements boosting" Trump's candidacy.
American politics, hooray!