Metro: Last Light

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

If you haven't played Metro 2033, do it.

Here's some screenshots of the next installment.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Screenshots were like "LOOK WHAT WE CAN DO WITH LIGHTING!!!"

Will play when it comes out, the original was amazing. (and maybe worth another play)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'll probably play through it again when the sequel gets released.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Pre-order now to get the limited edition at the price of a normal edition.

Shit. 2012 might be the year I buy two games at full price...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Metro 2033 is $5 on Steam until Thursday at 12 p.m. EST.

Grab it! Highly recommended.
Troy

Post by Troy »

This release crept up on me. Will be available to play on steam 5/14.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Just pre-ordered it.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:Just pre-ordered it.

I am sheep.

Wait, does that mean this unlocks at midnight tonight? Oh snap.

Edited By Troy on 1368495648
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Got the novel for free for pre-ordering. Looking forward to reading that.

Are you playing Ranger or normal?
Troy

Post by Troy »

Ranger. The game really really doesn't hold your hand in Ranger mode, no HUD, at all, or button prompts. You just have to mash shit in the dark, and can't count your bullets except at stations. Kind of immersive, if a bit backwards.

Game is interesting so far, but seems like it could use an optimization patch or two.

Edited By Troy on 1368594706
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The game really really doesn't hold your hand in Ranger mode, no HUD, at all, or button prompts. You just have to mash shit in the dark, and can't count your bullets except at stations. Kind of immersive, if a bit backwards.

You see? Now fuck both of you for making me consider purchasing this without any spare time to accommodate it. Dante wrote of a special place reserved in hell for your ilk.

Afterthought: Granted, "Russian" and "subterranean subways" and "apocalypse" only in unison trigger a fundamental response in my synapses, but Christ on a crutch, it's powerful.

Edited By Malcolm on 1368598363
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Troy

Post by Troy »

Stealth is a lot easier/useful.

You can do some cool shit with it: like throw a knife at the only dude paying attention, and then sneak in and punch every other dude in the room from behind.

Edited By Troy on 1368631723
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

There's just something about this series that really captures the imagination.

I am seriously considering stopping my playthrough, loading up Metro 2033, going through that again, and then coming back to this just so I can ensure I'm getting the most out of the story.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Free on gog.com for the next 8 hours.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Free on gog.com for the next 8 hours.
Managed to get it with 3 minutes left.
It's not me, it's someone else.